7 months ago
Senior Cost Estimator
Job number: UK11483
Company/Division: Construction Services UK
Career area: Estimating/Preconstruction
Position type: Full Time
Job type: Permanent
About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Cost Estimator to join our Regional team to work in Canary Wharf, London
* To be responsible for formulating and pricing tender opportunities by implementing estimating and cost strategies on each bid.
* To manage the estimating process and procedures in bidding.
What you'll be doing
As, Senior Cost Estimator , you will be:
* Reviewing customer’s drawings and specifications to prepare accurate costing sheets for materials, labour and equipment;
* Ensuring compliance with Balfour Beatty CSUK procedures, including pre-construction gate process;
* Reviewing tender documents and submission requirements, ensuring all financial information is identified and provided and accurate compliant design proposals are included;
* Establishing and agreeing key plant rates;
* Agreeing with engineering and planning key methods, outputs and plant selection.
Who we're looking for
* Have previous experience of managing the process of estimating build projects (Project value £50+m), within the construction industry;
* Hold a valid CSCS card.
* Have a good working knowledge of pricing and quantification methods;
* Have strong interpersonal and communication skills, coupled with an ability to form effective relationships with partners under time pressure;
* Be a strong team player, and also work well on your own initiative;
* Have a desire to continuously pursue innovation and development, with a focus on the customer and the business;
* Be proficient in IT, numeracy and MS Office Basic & Estimating Systems (essential).
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.