4 months ago
The Senior Cost Engineer sets up and manages project budgets according to the project controls procedures set for the specific project. S/he leads the productivity and cost forecasting, trending and reporting efforts for the assigned subproject (area) by assisting and collaborating with the area managers and other area team members. The Senior Cost Engineer reports to the Area Manager and the Cost Manager in a matrix organizational structure. S/he must be a team player, have either construction or relevant engineering knowledge and strong organizational and communication skills to help the area teams accomplish the project objectives by providing cost and budget management guidance.
What You’ll Do:
* Perform tasks required to develop and maintain budgets for a project under the guidance of the Cost Manager. This includes reorganizing budgets resulting from a change in scope or means and methods, as well as updating budgets for additional work activities;
* Administer subcontracts and facilitate the change order process;
* Analyze, review construction drawings, contracts and purchase orders;
* Walk the construction site in order to collect or verify information as needed;
* Monitor costs and progress. This includes coding or reviewing the coding of timesheets, invoices, etc. for accuracy as well as insuring that adequate tracking of quantities and production is done on a weekly basis. The results of the analysis should be analyzed and clearly communicated to the other members of the project team;
* Lead the area trend and cost risk programs to maintain the cost forecast on a continuous basis and prepare periodic project forecasts based on own knowledge of the ongoing construction as well as input from other members of the project team;
* Provide supervision and/or on-the-job training to more junior project professionals assigned to area of responsibility as needed;
* Assist in the preparation and negotiation of cost for additional work on the project including tracking Time & Material work;
* Maintain the contract management database as needed.
We’re Looking For:
* Experience in Prolog cost or similar contract management modules;
* Computer knowledge, proficiency in Excel;
* Broad understanding of engineering and construction processes;
* Ability to understand the project scope;
* Strong written and verbal communication skills;
* Ability to represent cost engineering function in a cross-function team;
* Multi-tasking, good time management and organizational skills;
* Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality at all times;
* Ability to understand and follow procedures and protocols;
* Ability to interpret construction drawings and specifications;
* Prior subcontract change order management experience;
* Proficiency in MS Access;
* Construction cost estimating for a defined scope of work;
* Procurement experience;
* Monitor and interpret design changes and forecast their impact on project objectives;
* Monitor and interpret schedule and other project changes and forecast their impact on project costs;
* Understanding of project risk management concepts;
* Direct-hired construction knowledge and experience;
* Knowledge and experience in design build projects;
* Strong leadership and presentation skills;
* Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management or Engineering or equivalent;
* Minimum of 4 years of experience at a construction or engineering company in a relevant role;
* Prior aviation construction experience is desired but not required.
Developing Your Career at Skanska, You Will:
* Contribute to a sustainable future improving the lives of people, communities and companies;
* Collaborate in an open culture where sound values and dedicated people come together for greater results;
* Thrive in a people-driven international company with countless opportunities to learn and grow.
Skanska is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age.
Skanska USA is one of the largest, most financially sound construction and development companies in the U.S., serving a broad range of clients including those in transportation, power, industrial, water/wastewater, healthcare, education, sports, data centers, government, aviation and commercial. Headquartered in New York with offices in 31 metro areas, we have more than 10,000 employees committed to being leaders in safety, project execution, sustainability, ethics and people development. In 2016, our work in building construction, civil and power/industrial construction, commercial development and infrastructure development (public-private partnerships) generated $6.8 billion in revenue. Global revenue of parent company Skanska AB, headquartered in Stockholm and listed on the Stockholm Stock Exchange, totaled $17.7 billion in 2016. Skanska shares are publicly traded in the U.S. on the OTC market under the symbol SKBSY through a Level I American Depository Receipt program.
We are proud to be named one of America's Best Employers of 2017 by Forbes.
Search Firm and Employment Agency Disclaimer
Skanska USA Human Resources (“Skanska HR”) provides HR services to the Skanska business units within the U.S.A. including Skanska USA Civil Inc., Skanska USA Building Inc., Skanska USA Commercial Development Inc. and Skanska Infrastructure Development Inc. (collectively “Skanska USA”). As such, Skanska HR is the sole authorized representative of Skanska USA to execute any agreements with search firms, employment agencies or any employment vendor (“Vendor”). As a condition precedent to any entitlement for payment, a Vendor shall have both (1) Skanska USA Placement Agreement, and (2) an Engagement Job Order executed by an authorized Skanska HR representative. Absent the properly executed documents, Skanska HR shall have no obligation to make payment to the Vendor. Verbal or written communications from any employee of Skanska USA business units shall not be considered binding obligations. All resumes whether unsolicited or solicited shall be considered property of Skanska HR.