7 months ago
QinetiQ comprises teams of dedicated people; experts in defence, aerospace, security and related markets. We draw on our extensive technical knowledge and intellectual property to provide the know-how and support to solve some of the world’s most challenging problems. Our people make the critical difference to customers by providing unique approaches to problem solving. Why don’t you join some of the world’s finest scientific and technical minds and help us make tomorrow work today?
Job description/Person specification
As a Senior Cost Consultant, you will be responsible for designing and implementing cost estimating processes, data gathering, developing Basis of Estimates, building and validating cost models for our clients.
Working as part of large, complex and diverse programmes, the post holder will be client facing and will work closely with a range of client and sub-contractor staff to develop accurate and justifiable cost models and estimates. This analysis supports our clients in making fully informed risk adjusted investment decisions and establishing accurate budgets.
You will be responsible for designing and implementing cost estimating processes, data gathering, developing Basis of Estimates, building and validating cost models for various clients.
This is a great opportunity to join a leading Defense & engineering business with excellent career progression.
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
1. Developing and reviewing estimating processes
2. Developing both Acquisition and Whole Life Cost estimating models
3. Verification and Validation of cost models developed by other staff
4. Assurance of Cost Estimating inputs
5. Being proactive in the development of new business whilst working within the client organisation
Position Requirements & Experience
1. Substantial experience in the development of Monte-Carlo cost models.
2. Familiarity of a range of techniques for developing robust estimates e.g. Analogy, Cost Factors, parametric and Delphi.
3. Experience in the development and implementation of cost estimating processes and frameworks.
4. Experience in the Verification & Validation (V&V) of cost models.
5. Familiarity with Monte Carlo analysis modelling tools such as @Risk or Predict! Risk Analyser.
6. Strong interpersonal / presentation skills with the ability to persuade and influence with people outside own immediate area of specialism.
7. An awareness and experience of National Security, Defense and the Armed Forces.
8. Familiarity with Parametric tools such as PRICE TruePlanning is desirable.
9. An awareness of civils projects e.g. transport or power is desirable.
10. Holding a relevant Cost Estimating qualification or professional membership is desirable.
QinetiQ offers an excellent salary and benefits package commensurate with a large international company some of which are highlighted below:-
• Career development across a diverse International organisation
• 50% off meals at selected restaurants , 40% off cinema tickets.
• Modern and collaborative working environment
• Pension - up to 10.5 % Company contributed
• Flexible Working , Social and family events
• Health Cash Plan , Health Screening, Employee Assistance 24/7
• Leading edge technology focus
• Private Medical Insurance and Dental Insurance at additional cost
• Childcare or After School Club , Annual Leave Purchase
• Personal Accident Insurance , Annual Travel Insurance
• Gym and sports facilities available at larger sites
• Payroll Giving and Volunteering - helping charities and local community