over 2 years ago
Title : Senior Control System (PES) Engineer
Requisition ID :2019-34323
Work Location :GB-Cheshire-Warrington
Department / Discipline : Engineering - Systems
Additional Work Location : GB-Cheshire-Warrington
Position Type : Agency / Contract
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Control System (PES) Engineer with extensive experience in the Nuclear industry.
About Wood Nuclear:
Wood’s nuclear business supports customers in the energy generation, new build, decommissioning and defence sectors.
Our nuclear business has offices in Knutsford and Birchwood in Cheshire, Gloucester, Gloucestershire, Dorchester, Harwell, Glasgow, Newcastle, Bristol, Cumbria, Reading and London. We also have a strong international presence to support our growing operations in France, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Poland, South Africa and Japan.
Our reputation for safely delivering quality projects on time and on budget is well recognised in the industries we serve. We have proven expertise in managing large, complex projects, a global reach and long-standing UK presence, strong relationships with our clients and cutting-edge processes and technologies.
What that means to you is the opportunity to experience a real variety of projects, working with people from different backgrounds. You'll work closely with our clients and committed to achieving outstanding results in a stimulating and quality-driven environment.
The Engineer will provide a full lifecycle design service to various site Control Systems Groups undertaking PES modifications within several areas of the site. The candidate will be part of a group that deals with urgent plant related issues, supports System Engineering with design support and handles emergent maintenance delivery issues.
Skills / Qualifications
1. Degree in relevant engineering discipline with at least 2 years PES design delivery experience OR other qualification such as BTEC, HNC, HND, with 5-8 years PES design delivery experience.
2. Experience of PES management and modification processes.
3. Experience of DCS, PLC and SCADA systems
4. An understanding of interactions between the PES and the plant hardware and higher level plant requirements defined in Engineering Flow Diagrams and Sequence and Interlock Definition Documents.
5. Experience in the production, modification and review of User Requirement Specifications.
6. Experience in production and review of PES modification Impact Assessments.
7. Experience in the production and review of PES Validation Test Specifications.
8. An understanding of SL Safety Case requirements.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.