about 1 year ago
About the Role
WSP has an exciting new opportunity for an enthusiastic and motivated individual to join our growing Engagement team. We work on some of the country’s largest infrastructure projects as well delivering expertise within the built environment, road, rail, utilities, energy, and environment sectors.
WSP's Stakeholder Engagement team are looking for a Senior/Principal consultant to join them on a 12 Month Fixed Term Contract in our London or Guildford Office.
With solid experience in public consultation, communications and stakeholder engagement, you will be responsible for providing advice on appropriate stakeholder engagement and consultation strategies, planning and delivering consultation and engagement events, community activities. You will be responsible for monitoring your project programmes and budgets, to meet and exceed client expectations.
A typical week would include:
* Advising project teams and clients on stakeholder engagement and consultation strategies for multi-disciplinary projects.
* Planing and delivering stakeholder communication and consultations including managing risks and issues, organising and manage public information events, and managing outputs to achieve engagement and consultation objectives.
* Building strong relationships with local communities and stakeholders.
* Representing the engagement team at various stakeholder and industry engagement events.
* Facilitating workshops and meetings with key stakeholder groups and objectors including statutory bodies, political representatives, lobby groups, businesses, and local communities.
* Preparing consultation and communication materials in collaboration with multi-disciplinary teams.
* Analysing, managing and coordinating quantitative and qualitative data collected as part of the consultation process and produce reports.
* Day to day project management of various projects including reports, budgets and forecasts.
* Assisting with writing tenders and pursue business development opportunities.
* Ensuring an accurate record of engagement with stakeholders at all times, using our inhouse system.
* Identifying and implementing improvements to processes, procedures and systems to increase efficiency and effectiveness.
* Supporting the wider development of the Engagement team.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* A relevant degree, or relevant experience in a related field.
* Membership of relevant professional or trade body would be desirable.
* Experience in the road, rail, utilities, water, environment or energy sectors.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills, including presentations and report-writing.
* The ability to be a strong team player who has an enthusiastic and motivated attitude.
* Proven experience of planning and delivering stakeholder engagement and consultation strategies, including production of high quality communications materials, event organisation and facilitation skills.
* Project management experience, including resources, budgets, programmes.
* The ability to provide a well organised, with a structured approach to the delivery of tasks, with an ability to adapt to a varied workload within a fast-changing environment.
* The ability to analyse quantitative and qualitative data collected as part of the consultation process.
* Knowledge of social and digital media channels with a view to using these to better connect with target audiences.
* Experience of line management
* Experience in preparing tenders and proposals.
You must possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and be able to adapt your style to different circumstances – including a variety of media, business reports and business development.
If you are seeking a job where your work allows communities and stakeholders to be better involved in shaping both the environment around them and some of the UK’s largest projects, then we want to hear from you.
What if we can?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP – we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important – be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including a 37.5 hour working week, 25 days annual leave, pension schemes, life assurance, personal accident cover and paid professional subscriptions, and some not so standard benefits as part of our flexible benefits scheme – so if you would like to hop on a new bike (cycle to work scheme) or thrill the family with your Lego building skills (Discount at Legoland Windsor) – WSP can help!
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Our VIBE (LGBT + employee network) and PLEDGE (Promoting Leadership, Encouraging Diversity & Gender Equality) networks work with the business to help ensure we continue to promote the right environment to enable LGBT+ and female employees to reach their full potential, and to ensure we continue to promote equality, inclusivity and diversity for everyone.
Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
In addition we support our people to achieve their personal health and well-being goals through our Thrive programme.
A little about us:
Together, our people make up one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We’re dedicated to the communities where we live and work in the UK and propelled by international brainpower. Staying curious is what drives us. Looking at challenges from fresh angles helps us deliver future-ready solutions that break paradigms.
With around 7,900 talented people in 70+ offices across the UK, and 43,000 around the world, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.