5 months ago
About the Role
WSP is recruiting for between Senior Consultant to Associate Director grades in our Healthcare Advisory team. This is an opportunity to join a growing team in a dynamic company and provide specialist healthcare consultancy and technical advice to clients on strategies and capital projects. Working closely with clients you will most likely primarily lead on the development of business cases and estate strategies but will have the opportunity to work on a range of other types of commissions (see below). You will have a good understanding of the UK healthcare market and current issues in relation to property and capital projects. You will also be expected to contribute to winning new commissions.
WSP is one of the world's leading professional services advisory companies. Our Healthcare Advisory team provides a range of strategic advisory and project delivery expertise to NHS Trusts, independent hospitals, contractors and PPP consortia across a variety of procurement routes. Services offered include NHS business case development, estate strategies, healthcare planning, space utilisation studies, project management, PPP technical advice, capital project planning and procurement, major hospital reconfigurations and relocations and post project evaluation.
This team sits alongside a large number of complementary teams, working on many of the country’s most iconic projects, providing services such as commercial management; project, programme and design management; risk consultancy; building surveying; property surveying; environmental and energy advice; engineering design; digital solutions; transport planning, geographical information systems and development advice. An exciting part of the role is the opportunity to connect these services with our healthcare clients to help make their services and estates future ready.
UK/NHS health sector experience working for a professional services consultancy (Senior Consultant),
Experience working in a clinical or management role in the NHS (desirable).
Proven ability and track record delivering some or all of the following advisory services:
* Estate strategies
* Business cases
* Feasibility studies
* Post project evaluations
* PPP technical advisor
* Project management
* Programme management
* Healthcare planning
* Space utilisation studies
* Capital project planning and procurement
Additional experience in one or more of the following sectors would be desirable
* central government departments
* higher education
We would love to hear from you if you have:
* Experience managing internal and external teams to deliver commissions.
* Experience preparing and updating resource plans and financial forecasts for internal business management/reporting purposes.
* Internal, team line management responsibility.
* Experience in preparing successful tenders and preparing and delivering presentations to win new work.
* Experience in making presentations at conferences and/or thought leadership pieces (desirable).
* Business development expertise to develop opportunities (desirable).
* Internal networking
* Degree qualified (essential)
* PRINCE 2, MSP, APMP, other professional qualifications (desirable)
* In-depth knowledge of NHS property and capital project policy, processes, guidance and stakeholders.
* Able to advise clients on best practice approaches in respect of the service being provided.
* Able to research, analyse data and present findings verbally or in writing.
* Comfortable facilitating workshops or chairing complex meetings.
* Able to plan and manage option appraisals including economic modelling for NHS business cases.
* Able to prepare project plans and programmes.
* An understanding of risk and risk management techniques.
* Able to solve problems and present solutions authoritatively.
* Excellent communication skills with an ability to engage sensitively to different project stakeholders.
* Experienced in the use of NEC forms of contract (desirable)
What if we can?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP – we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important – be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including a 37.5 hour working week, 25 days annual leave, pension schemes, life assurance, personal accident cover and paid professional subscriptions, and some not so standard benefits as part of our flexible benefits scheme – so if you would like to hop on a new bike (cycle to work scheme) or thrill the family with your Lego building skills (Discount at Legoland Windsor) – WSP can help!
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Our VIBE (LGBT + employee network) and PLEDGE (Promoting Leadership, Encouraging Diversity & Gender Equality) networks work with the business to help ensure we continue to promote the right environment to enable LGBT+ and female employees to reach their full potential, and to ensure we continue to promote equality, inclusivity and diversity for everyone.
Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
A little about us
Together, our people make up one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We’re dedicated to the communities where we live and work in the UK and propelled by international brainpower. Staying curious is what drives us. Looking at challenges from fresh angles helps us deliver future-ready solutions that break paradigms.
With around 7,900 talented people in 70+ offices across the UK, and 43,000 around the world, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.