7 months ago
Title : Senior Consultant - Geotechnical Engineer
Requisition ID :2018-24614
Work Location :GB-London
Department / Discipline : Engineering - Geotechnical
Position Type : Staff / Permanent
Overview / Responsibilities
Are you looking for your next step to help drive your career forward with the breadth and scale of skills you need to become a market best, delivered by working alongside key market specialists and blue-chip companies? To enable this, you will need to be part of a dynamic and growing organisation with a market leading pedigree, with the breadth and scale of projects and specialists to challenge and develop you.
Wood Environment and Infrastructure Solutions has a fantastic opportunity for a motivated, highly skilled and solution focused Geotechnical Engineer / Engineering Geologist professional to join and contribute to one of the largest and most successful remediation and ground engineering teams in the UK/Europe. We are seeking to grow our world class team to ensure we continue to deliver the high calibre of service and technical excellence both we and our clients expect. We are involved in many key projects of regional and national significance, which we deliver alongside our core UK and global framework projects.
We also have this position available in our Newcastle office as well as London and Reading although other locations may be considered for the right candidate.
* Delivery of geotechnical design and assessment input into geotechnical and multidisciplinary projects.
* Preparation of proposals to deliver client objectives, including developing the scope of site investigations and tender packages and liaising with subcontractors.
* Preparation of design calculations, design drawings and other documents in accordance with project quality control procedures and requirements.
* Site based management of ground investigations including supervision and management of sub-contractors, soil logging, geotechnical soils testing and scheduling.
* Development of HSSE plans and RAMS.
* Sharing knowledge and support the development of less experienced staff.
* Working with other engineers involved in other offices to ensure consistency of project delivery.
* Ensuring that all work is delivered in line with procedures and processes and to the highest safety, health and environmental standards.
Skills / Qualifications
* Relevant technical degree e.g. civil engineering, engineering geology or other related discipline.
* A higher degree in geotechnical engineering, or similar, is desirable.
* Chartered Engineer Status with a recognised engineering institution.
* Several years experience of geotechnical engineering of engineering geology.
* Strong geotechnical assessment and design experience including earthworks and remediation, earth retaining structures, slope stability assessment, ground improvement/treatment works, shallow and deep foundation design.
* A track record of planning, designing and supervising ground investigations.
* Experience of using geotechnical software and finite element modelling, including interpretation of results;
* Preparation of geotechnical reports including desk studies, geotechnical interpretative reports, preliminary and detailed design reports;
* Experience of contaminated land assessment would be advantageous.
Skills / Attributes
* Communicate effectively, listen and engage, including communicating technical information effectively verbally and in writing both internally and externally.
* Ability to innovate and develop in your technical area and to continually seek to improve performance in all aspects of role.
* Work in collaborative project teams to achieve results by effective communication, sharing of information etc.
* Flexibility to work across the UK and overseas for specific projects or longer-term assignments.
* A full UK driving licence is required.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.