21 days ago
Senior Construction Engineer
Requisition ID :2021-84556
Work Location :GB-Durham-Darlington
Department / Discipline : Construction
Position Type : Fixed Term
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood Process and Energy are seeking expressions of interest from Senior Construction Engineers across all disciplines to join our Construction Team.
This is a Fixed Term role based and whilst it would be advantageous to be within a commutable distance of Teesside, North East it is not essential, as we do have projects UK wide.
Roles & Resposibilities
* Provide construction input to the project throughout the engineering phase using construction knowledge and experience.
* Assist with aspects of the project construction strategy, execution planning and contracting strategy.
* Provide input to the assessment and selection of construction contractors.
* Prepare, and review documents for approval to communicate installation sequencing, schedule timings and resource requirements to project management and engineering leads, procurement and the construction site management and supervision.
* Provide Construction Engineering in accordance with project requirements and Home Office procedures.
* Undertake site visits to support proposals and ongoing projects.
* Support with the development of workpacks to support project execution as required
* Liaise with designers, engineers and Construction Manager throughout the engineering phase to maximise the use of construction knowledge and experience in all aspects of the project paying particular attention to constructability.
* Assist with construction feasibility and method studies.
* Establish in conjunction with planning group realistic schedules for construction activities.
* Support the Construction Manager in the development of the contracting philosophy for the project. Ensure contract deliverables, documents and specifications are produced to meet the needs of the project schedule.
* Prepare and review for approval plans, drawings, specifications, requisitions and bid summaries for all temporary facilities and construction equipment required within the scope of Wood services.
* Develop temporary facility layouts, lay-down facilities, heavy lift and transportation, and heavy load and traffic movement studies, as required by the Construction Manager.
* Assist the Construction Manager in the development of transportation, lifting schedules and classifications from early project information in conjunction with the Senior Construction Engineer and Wood procedures.
* Review the project requirements, and the constructability checklist to identify critical execution issues, and assist with the overall schedule and the construction execution plan.
* In conjunction with the Materials Coordinator monitor the shipping/delivery forecasts to ensure the project schedule is met
* Liaise with field staff on construction engineering matters
Skills / Qualifications
* Demonstrable experience in a similar construction role, within Renewables, Pharmaceutical & Oil & Gas industries would be advantageous
* Trade discipline background, with Degree/HND/HNC or similar with equivalent experience in a construction related position in Electrical/Instrument, Piping/Mechanical or Civils disciplines
* Excellent verbal/written communication, problem solving, and decision-making skills
* Experience with construction plans and specifications, tracking RFIs and submittal's, and developing project documentation
* Experience tracking and analysing cost and schedule and knowledge of Microsoft Project or Primavera preferred
* UK wide EPC or EPCm experience
* Knowledge of local labour market
* Demonstrable experience of managing direct labour
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.