8 months ago
About the Role
Purpose of the role:
* To act as a source of expert advice, providing direction on commercial aspects, and to manage activities and resources across the relevant area. The key focus will be to provide input on areas where most benefit can be realised through a risk based approach to delivery, while considering value for money and efficiency at all times.
* To contribute to the development of a process improvement approach to commercial delivery.
* To work with colleagues to contribute to the improvement of capability in commercial expertise in the wider business.
Provide expert advice on commercial management matters in relation to allocated schemes throughout the project lifecycle including:
* Support the development of commercial strategies which underpin investment decisions as a commercially informed Employer.
* Work to ensure projects are delivered in accordance with Delivery Plan commitments and targets.
* Establish and monitor total budget costs and cash flow for each project including Consultants and Employers costs.
* Monitor and report on project risks and their effect on budget, manage risk at site contract level for Programme / Project Managers.
* Provide commercial advice in the development of the construction target price.
* Review the evaluation of compensation events, with the support of others and make recommendations to the Project Manager.
* Provide commercial advice to the Project Manager on any issues or potential disputes arising under contracts / frameworks, including drafting reports which define the contractual position at contract / project level.
* Check that all commercial requirements on the scheme comply with the contract and / or framework requirements, including those commercial requirements covered by the Project Control Framework (PCF).
* Support improvements to project / scheme forecasting and the accuracy of scheme financial control forms.
* Support the PM to provide backup information for internal governance.
* Audit and assurance of Supply Chain costs in accordance with the Contract.
* Audit and assurance of Third Party costs in accordance with the relevant agreements.
* Delivering at Pace - Regularly monitor own and team’s work against milestones or targets and act promptly to keep work on track and maintain performance.
* Making Effective Decisions - Invite challenge and where appropriate involve others in decision making to help build engagement and present robust recommendations.
* Achieving Commercial Outcomes - Gather and use evidence to assess the costs, benefits and risks of a wide range of delivery options when making commercial decisions.
* Leading & Communicating - Communicate using appropriate styles, methods and timing, including digital channels, to maximise understanding and impact.
* Seeing the Big Picture - Ensure own area/team activities are aligned to Departmental priorities.
We would love to hear from you if you have:
* Degree/HNC or able to demonstrate relevant experience
* Discipline related professional qualification
* Established expertise in highways / infrastructure sector
* Proven experience at leading teams/work packages
* Demonstrable expertise in a range of commercial skills
* Ability to work in a complex structured project and programme management environment to tight deadlines
* Able to engage with project stakeholders and work closely with project teams ensuring effective communication to achieve the desired outputs
* Able to communicate with senior executives
* Ability to use Microsoft Office Suite effectively
* Strong NEC Contract experience
A little about us:
Together, our people make up one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We’re dedicated to the communities where we live and work in the UK and propelled by international brainpower. Staying curious is what drives us. Looking at challenges from fresh angles helps us deliver future-ready solutions that break paradigms.
With around 7,000 talented people in 70+ offices across the UK, and 36,000 around the world, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.