12 months ago
About the Role
To provide commercial services and effective project control to ensure that projects are delivered on time and within budget to the client’s satisfaction in a manner that maximises opportunities and revenuebilities:
* Provision of commercial expertise in support of transportation and infrastructure projects.
* To support the business in administering the provisions of contracts to ensure that payment processes are followed and payments are received on time, that contract change management provisions (programme and value) are being followed such that our Projects have commercial cover in place. To actively manage a rolling final account process such that there are no surprises to our clients or the Business.
* Participate in the raising the commercial awareness and performance within the business.
* Be an active member of the WSP Commercial and operations team, contributing to decision making and identifying business improvement opportunities; and contributing to the development of an enhanced commercial culture in the business.Proven ability and track record in the majority of the following:
* Experienced in preparation and support to tendering activities for large projects.
* Proven track record of the commercial delivery of multi-disciplinary design projects.
* Experience of successful delivery of within design and build contracts.
* Specific experience of operating within joint ventures.
* Experience of working closely with legal teams to provide successful governance of all commercial and legal aspects of the project life cycle.
* Management of the Project Cost Report including VOWD and Forecast at Completion
* Change management – expertise across the main industry forms including NEC 3 and 4.
* Identification, preparation and evaluation of claims including assessment of programme impact and evaluation.
* Strong Project management, organisational and investigative skills; Ability to simplify complex concepts.
* Drafting of contractual correspondence.
* Experience of defending professional negligence claims.
* Chairing regular commercial meetings with key delivery contractors
* Active participation in regular review of project risks and opportunities to minimise outturn cost through Value Engineering.
* Earned Value analysis i.e. planned vs. achieved vs. expended.
* Pro-active engagement in risk identification, evaluation and mitigation activity.
* Proven capability of working in a collaborative environment with a strong teamwork ethos.
* Strong drive with sound judgement. Quickly establishes credibility and sphere of influence.
Qualifications and work experience
* Degree qualified and/or Membership of a relevant professional body (MICE/MRICS/MCIOB)
* Significant relevant experience within a similar role.
* Experience in Major Highways construction in the UK preferred
* Experienced in the use of standard forms of contract particularly NEC and FIDIC.
* Commercial awareness
* Multi Discipline Capability
* Good MS Office Skills
* Full Driving Licence
* Excellent communication skills
* Ability to work in a team environment
* Additional Experience in one or more of the following sectors
* Civil Engineering Structures
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting companies. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals.
We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services.
With 7,000 talented people in 60 offices across the UK and Ireland, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.
* We value our people and our reputation.
* We are locally dedicated with international scale.
* We are future-focused and challenge the status quo.
* We foster collaboration in everything we do.
* We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable.