16 days ago
Senior Commercial Manager
Senior Commercial Manager, Bridgwater with travel to HPC Site, Permanent, £58,000 - £68,000 & Benefits
Closing Date: 11th April 2021
As a Senior Commercial Manager, you will be responsible for managing a team in the successful delivery of all pre and post contract commercial on the HPC Project. Reporting to a Commercial Lead, you will typically be responsible for a contract(s) between £100 - £400m in value subject to level of risk or complexity.
The team is committed to flexible working and therefore the expectation would be for you to work 50% of the time form the Bridgewater and HPC site and the other 50% of the time you will be based from home.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
Your key duties will be required to carry out are:
• Joining a Commercial Team with established clear roles, responsibilities, and accountabilities.
• The day to day management of Commercial Managers and/or Assistants under their control.
• Ensuring all Principal Accountabilities for the contract commercial team are implemented in accordance with HPC commercial procedures.
• Adopting the role of Intelligent Customer, ensuring that stakeholder expectations are met regarding commercial probity, value and that the supply chain is treated fairly and equitably.
• Leading in the assessment and engagement with the supply chain based on collaborative working principles and applying the skills of supporting, coaching, enabling and facilitating team members through change; creating more leaders and change champions thereby building and maintaining effective relationships with key stakeholders.
• Responsible for administration of Vendor Assessments via procurement electronic portal tools, along with ITT evaluation and negotiation, ensuring that selected tenders are compliant with the scope and commercial requirements.
• Responsible for administration of Contracts via electronic portal tools, along with applications for payment, change management and negotiation, ensuring that contractors remain compliant with the scope and ensure delivery to the project milestones.
• Undertaking the commercial management of contracts during the execution phase (post-award).
• Managing the delivery of contract final account agreements, seeking to achieve equitable outcomes for all parties to facilitate early commercial close-out.
• Overseeing contract commercial relationships. Work with collaborative behaviours in a spirit of mutual trust and cooperation.
• Consideration of the nuclear baseline and distribution of nuclear safety significant responsibilities within the team; ensuring people are aware of the needs of a strong nuclear safety culture.
• Professional development of self and people within the team.
• Responsibilities under the approved Supply Chain Policy managing contracts and being a direct interface with the supply chain to ensure an embedded nuclear safety culture; the right level of oversight, control and surveillance of contractor activities are set up in HPC and the supply chain.
You will be characterised by the following knowledge, qualifications and experience:
• Demonstrate a considerable track record of administering successful contracts
• Possesses skills to act as deputy.
• Highly developed commercial skills and demonstrable ability to make sound decisions on matters of significant financial value.
• Educated to degree level.
• Good understanding of procurement, contract performance measurement, risk, change, and claim management.
• Track record working with NEC and FIDIC contracts in the power construction industry and major projects; with knowledge of UK Law and its impact upon the contract and commercial function is essential.
• Familiar with nuclear site licence conditions, the nuclear baseline philosophy, and the UK regulatory framework.
• Member of the RICS/CICES/IOB or equivalent professional body is preferred.
Competitive Salary & Benefits
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including a pension scheme, a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle, and the opportunity to earn bonus.
Please let us know if you require flexible working arrangements by highlighting this on your application. We’re happy to talk about flexibility in line with the requirements of this opportunity.
#WeAreEDF and are leading the transition to a cleaner, low emission electric future, tackling climate change and helping Britain achieve net zero.
We are leading the UK's nuclear renaissance, we’re constructing a new nuclear power station at Hinkley Point C, with plans for new power stations at Sizewell C in Suffolk and Bradwell B in Essex. Around a fifth of the UK's electricity is generated by our eight nuclear power stations, helping power our customers' homes and businesses.
At EDF, everyone’s welcome. It’s a powerful statement of our intent to make sure we’re about the people who work with us – a rich and unique mix of backgrounds and experiences that’s vital to shaping a strong and fresh-thinking organisation like ours. Whoever you are and wherever you come from, we’ll embrace the difference you bring and give you opportunities to thrive and succeed.
Join us. Together, we’ll help Britain achieve net zero.