7 months ago
Register your interest for future projects within the utilities business unit.
Locations include; Hertfordshire, London and Wales - please specifiy preferred location with your application.
Our utilities team covers everything from design and development to installation and repair, for water, gas and power networks across the UK. We have over 40 years’ of experience in helping to ensure a safe, secure and sustainable supply of energy and water to millions of households and businesses. Our project portfolio includes Thames Water, tRIIO and major projects such as HS2.
* Understand the contractual requirements of project documents including the roles and responsibilities of all involved and the notices required to record change etc. Ensure all required notices are issued in a timely manner.
* Identify unacceptable terms and conditions and negotiate contracts with clients and employers
* Identify unacceptable wording in bonds, warranties and other guarantees
* Liaise with the customer, his representatives and other 3rd parties on commercial issues, including the agreement of additional monies.
* Cost management for project
* Understand allowances for elements of work (Preliminaries, materials, subcontract etc.)
* Understanding of cost to end of reporting period and comparison with allowance
* Understand forecast cost to completion
* Establish and use cost management systems
* Value management for project
* Prepare interim and final account and ensure payment
* Understanding of true value to end of reporting period and comparison with actual cost expended
* Understanding of forecast final value at completion
* Change management for project
We’re looking for:
* BSc or HND in Quantity Surveying or other equivalent construction related subject
* Preferably qualified to ICES or RICS accreditation
* Self motivated and confident
* Financially astute
* Good communication skills
* A good decision maker who copes well under pressure
* Relevant CSCS Card
A career with us means you’ll have the freedom to develop your skills and leave your mark on the communities in which we work. Our competitive benefits package will help to enhance your life outside work, too