12 months ago
Deloitte Solutions Factory is looking for Cloud/DevOps engineers who are passionate about building applications at scale in cloud platforms such as AWS. You will have a background in the design, automation, deployment and operation of cloud infrastructure and applications.
In this role you will be based in our Cardiff delivery centre and work on projects with our business and supporting functions. You will architect and build cloud-based solutions using a wide range of technologies and the full range of AWS services, working alongside people with a diverse range of skillsets.
We are proud to offer flexible working arrangements which allow our people to choose the most suitable working arrangement that works for them. Whether this is working 4 days per week, taking the summer months off work, or more flexibility around your working pattern, we consider both formal and informal working arrangements that allow our people and our clients the best outcome.
If you would like to hear more about our flexible working arrangements, please let us know.
Your role will have multiple responsibilities depending on the project type. In one project, you might build an application optimised for the cloud, using automation to test and deploy the application into production. In another project, you might convert manual runbook or provisioning processes and automate them using tools such as Cloud Formation. From an operations perspective, you will be required to set up monitoring and alerting for AWS/Azure workloads and to participate in a 24x7 on-call schedule. You will serve as an expert in your own discipline.
* Develop cloud architecture and solutions optimised for AWS/Azure to meet project requirements
* Develop scripts to automate the deployment of AWS/Azure architecture and solutions
* Advise team of engineers in managing and monitoring continuous Cloud platform monitoring and setting up alerts to alerts
* Produce valuable insights and reports for projects by identifying and scripting the required processing and using BI tools to present it in a clear, actionable manner
* Guide others in resolving complex issues in specialised area based on existing solutions and procedures
* Add value to propositions by identifying areas to go 'above and beyond' the project requirements, or by maximising the potential of technologies already being used
* Advise team of engineers in setting up and manage backups, patching, upgrades of different technologies and AV/malware software across the environments
* Setup Security on AWS environments to ensure the infrastructure is aligned with Cloud Security Standards
* Manage and fix Security vulnerabilities identified on the AWS Cloud platform
* Defines best-practices in own discipline; Train and mentor junior engineers in applying best-practice knowledge within Deloitte cloud teams
* Identify new tools and process to improve the cloud platform and automate processes
* Provide third line technical support to a variety of stakeholders - be able to identify and troubleshoot technical issues and resolve or escalate as appropriate.
* Occasionally leads the work of small project teams; provides informal guidance to junior staff
* Work with internal and external teams to develop solutions as required
* Work closely with Leadership team, escalating issues where needed and be a promoter of technology in your area of work
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Work pattern: This is a permanent contract opportunity.
The role can be worked on a full-time basis.
Your professional experience
* Proven experience of building enterprise applications and solutions using AWS, Azure or Google
* Experience of automation and provisioning approaches, using tools such as CloudFormation, PowerShell, etc
* In¬ depth knowledge of configuring and managing Linux and Windows environments
* In depth knowledge of agile software development tools and methodologies (Continuous integration, git, Jira, etc.)
* Ability to adapt to new technologies, learn quickly and pass on this knowledge to other team members
* Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
* Strong communicator and decision maker
* Participate in 24x7 on-call rota
* Occasional travel to other Deloitte sites
* AWS certification in your line of work
Experience in the following is desirable:
* Scripting or programming experience (Python, Go, Bash, PowerShell, etc.)
* Experience of microservices and container-based systems (Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos)
* Linux and/or Windows sysadmin certification (eg RHCE)
* Experience of agile project management approaches and tools (eg Atlassian Jira/Confluence)
* ITIL experience
Your service line: Risk Advisory
We don’t just work with our clients to manage risk, we help them understand and grab the opportunities it presents too, helping them gain a competitive advantage. Our expertise and industry knowledge run deep here. At Deloitte, you’ll find yourself working with some of the most inspiring and experienced colleagues and with clients who trust you to lead the way to smart choices, better control frameworks, and new systems, including bespoke solutions that have a direct impact on their bottom line.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Malta, the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,500 partners and over 40,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Visit our website to hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2018 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families for the eighth consecutive year, and to have been listed in The Times Top 50 Employers for Women for each of the last four years.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we’re looking for:
* We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
* We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
* We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
* We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
* We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
WPFULL SLRSKA BADAAN LOCCAR
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
© 2019 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 169940