24 days ago
Senior Cloud DevOps Engineer-20000WXF Applicants are required to read, write, and speak the following languages: English
At Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI), we build the future of the cloud for Enterprises as a diverse team of fellow creators and inventors. We act with the speed and attitude of a start-up, with the scale and customer-focus of the leading enterprise software company in the world.
Values are OCI’s foundation and how we deliver excellence. We strive for equity, inclusion, and respect for all. We are committed to the greater good in our products and our actions. We are constantly learning and taking opportunities to grow our careers and ourselves. We challenge each other to stretch beyond our past to build our future.
You are the builder here. You will be part of a team of really smart, motivated, and diverse people and given the autonomy and support to do your best work. It is a dynamic and flexible workplace where you’ll belong and be encouraged.
Identity Cloud Service (IDCS) is a strategic focus for OCI. IDCS provides an innovative, fully integrated service that delivers all the core identity and access management capabilities through a multi-tenant Cloud platform.
Reference link: -******
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for Cloud DevOps Engineers to join OCI Identity Cloud Services team. This individual will be solving complex problems related to infrastructure, cloud security and build automation to prevent problem recurrence. This role provides a fantastic opportunity to design, build, deploy and maintain software and services to improve the availability, scalability, and efficiency of Oracle identity Cloud Services.
* Facilitate service capacity planning and demand forecasting, software performance analysis, and system tuning.
* Understand the end-to-end configuration, technical dependencies, and overall behavioral characteristics of production services.
* Responsible for the delivery of the mission critical stack, with focus on security, resiliency, scale, and performance.
* Authority for end-to-end performance and operability.
* Partner with development teams in defining and implementing improvements in service architecture.
* Articulate technical characteristics of services and technology areas and guide Development Teams to engineer and add premier capabilities to the Oracle Cloud service portfolio.
* Understand and communicate the scale, capacity, security, performance attributes, and requirements of the service and technology stack.
* Demonstrate clear understanding of automation and orchestration principles.
* Collaborates on architectural design reviews and changes.
* Modification and improvement to multiple component pipelines, deployments, validations.
* Own and improve metrics, KPIs, SLOs and visualizations for systems.
* Act as ultimate escalation point for complex or critical issues that have not yet been documented as Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
* Utilize a deep understanding of service topology and their dependencies required to troubleshoot issues and define mitigations.
* Handle customer support requests and driving them to resolution in timely manner.
* Participate in the team’s on-call rotation.
* Building, and maintaining, robust alerting and monitoring systems and workflows.
* Minimum 4+ years of experience in 24x7 production operations, preferably supporting a highly available environment for a SaaS/PaaS/IaaS or cloud service provider.
* Minimum 2+ years of experience in building and managing containerized applications, preferably Docker and Kubernetes Orchestration.
* Administering cloud infrastructure environments (Oracle Cloud, AWS, Azure, or GCP).
* Experience in Linux system administration, system configuration, troubleshooting, monitoring/alerting systems and building extensions as needed.
* Expertise in any of the Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery tools such as Jenkins, ODO.
* Experience in Unix/Linux Shell and Python scripting.
* Experience in REST APIs
* Must have security clearance prior to starting work
* Strong communication and personal skills: work well with members of other functional groups in a project team; demonstrate a strong sense of project ownership.
* Strong understanding of system, security and networking concepts and troubleshooting techniques.
* Strong interpersonal and teaming skills - ability to set and enforce process and standards for the Cloud Ops team.
* Exposure to Agile methodology
* Identity and Access Management domain experience is preferred.
* Experience using any of configuration management tools (Ansible, Terraform, CloudFormation etc.) is preferred.Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Work with Oracle's world class technology to develop, implement, and support Oracle's global infrastructure.
As a member of the IT organization, assist with the analyze of existing complex programs and formulate logic for new complex internal systems. Prepare flowcharting, perform coding, and test/debug programs. Develop conversion and system implementation plans. Recommend changes to development, maintenance, and system standards.
Job duties are varied and complex utilizing independent judgment. May have project lead role. BS or equivalent experience in programming on enterprise or department servers or systems.
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment screening process. This will involve identity and employment verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).
Job: Information Technology
Location: GB-GB, UK-Reading
Job Type: Regular Employee Hire