5 months ago
About the Role
At WSP, there’s nothing we love more than pushing boundaries. Harnessing innovation and sharing insights across our diverse, international team to create a tomorrow’s world that's cleaner, greener and safer. Join us and you’ll be part of an organisation that takes pride in its people and purpose: creating long-lasting solutions to meet the needs of generations to come.
As a Senior Clean Water Modeller within our Water Team, you will provide technical leadership and guidance to a team in the delivery of water distribution projects to ensure accurate and efficient project delivery for internal and external clients.
The role includes providing support on hydraulic modelling studies using industry standard software (InfoWorks WS Pro / Synergi) as well as other projects requiring detailed technical analysis. You will be expected to use existing models as well as building new models to assess and understand asset performance.
We are seeking candidates who are enthusiastic, willing to learn, self-motivated and passionate about delivering quality projects.
A typical week would include:
* Provide technical input on water and or wastewater projects as part of a project team.
* Technical oversight of Engineers ensuring high quality outputs.
* Supporting Technical Directorate in the execution of our Technical Strategy.
* Support to development of Feasibility studies and optioneering.
* Use of network models to evaluate and optimise Asset Performance.
* Preparation of reports and supporting drawings.
* Definition of work needed by field investigation teams.
* Developing and maintaining excellent client relationships at all levels.
* Provide guidance to, and manage the work of local technical delivery team.
* Coordinate and facilitate project meetings internally and with clients.
* Contribute to the learning of the wider team through knowledge sharing exercises.
* Promote the WSP brand through appropriate industry forums and conferences.
All employees shall familiarise themselves with our health and safety arrangements and guidance relevant to themselves and their activities and shall meet any specific duties for their role as detailed within GNHS020 – Competencies, Roles and Responsibilities. This document is available to all employees through our company intranet and is accessible from your first day with the company.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* Degree in an Engineering, Environmental or Numerate Science related subject.
* Advanced understanding of water projects, preferably with exposure to standards and specifications in the UK Water Industry.
* Significant industry experience is desired but not essential.
* Experience in multiple UK Water distribution industry projects:
* Advanced Network modelling / Zonal Analysis.
* Asset Performance Assessments / Reviews.
* Operational Modelling
* Network Improvement Solution Development.
* Surge Analysis experience would be beneficial but not essential.
* A high level of competence in InfoWorks WS and / or Synergi modelling software and other asset management approaches.
* Written and verbal communication skills in English are essential.
* Competent in MS Office.
* Ability to work on own initiative on technical matters.
What if we can?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP – we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important – be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including a 37.5 hour working week, 25 days annual leave, pension schemes, life assurance, personal accident cover and paid professional subscriptions, and some not so standard benefits as part of our flexible benefits scheme – so if you would like to hop on a new bike (cycle to work scheme) or thrill the family with your Lego building skills (Discount at Legoland Windsor) – WSP can help!
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Our VIBE (LGBT + employee network) and PLEDGE (Promoting Leadership, Encouraging Diversity & Gender Equality) networks work with the business to help ensure we continue to promote the right environment to enable LGBT+ and female employees to reach their full potential, and to ensure we continue to promote equality, inclusivity and diversity for everyone.
Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
In addition we support our people to achieve their personal health and well-being goals through our Thrive programme.
A little about us:
Together, our people make up one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We’re dedicated to the communities where we live and work in the UK and propelled by international brainpower. Staying curious is what drives us. Looking at challenges from fresh angles helps us deliver future-ready solutions that break paradigms.
With around 7,900 talented people in 70+ offices across the UK, and 43,000 around the world, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.