over 2 years ago
Senior Civil / Structural Engineer
Requisition ID :2020-70459
Work Location :GB-Berkshire-Reading
Department / Discipline : Civil Engineering
Position Type : Agency / Contract
Market / Sector (Candidate Portal Searching)
Oil & Gas
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood has an opportunity for a Senior Civil / Structural Engineer (contract) to be based in Reading on a Petrochemical project. You will have experience of working within a senior positon within the Oil and Gas or Petrochemical industry as well as having relevant experience of onshore design projects.
Wood is a global engineering consultant with a reputation for delivering high quality, technically advanced and reliable facilities on time, on budget and with a world-class safety record.
Scope of work;
* Analysis and Design of steel and concrete structures to various International & Company codes and standards (e.g. European, American, British, Shell, Aramco, etc.)
* Analysis and Design of structure and equipment foundations to static and dynamic loading
* Analysis and Design using engineering software such as STAAD.Pro, Foundation 3D, Matt 3D, etc
* Preparation of Basis of Design, Material Specifications, Material take offs, Scopes of Work, Technical reports, Inter discipline design coordination and supervision
* Competent in preparing design calculations for steel and concrete structure, seismic design and design to extreme wind loads, developing design sketches and pass relevant information to designers as required on assigned projects
* Liaise with Designers in the preparation of CAD drawings, typically using, Microstation, Smartplant 3D, AutoCAD, PDMS, PDS, etc
* Liaise with other disciplines to accommodate their requirements and with Designers in the preparation of structural and foundation drawings and details
* Provide technical support to other members of the team
* Support development of lessons learnt database
* Ensure all work to be carried out with a positive attitude toward safety, both in design and in the office environment
Skills / Qualifications
Engineering Degree in relevant subject
* Chartered Engineer status preferable
* Competent in using Civils design programmes such as STAAD.Pro, Foundation 3D, Matt 3D, etc.
* Experience and good understanding UK national and international codes and standards
* Experience in a similar position, preferably within oil / gas industry
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.