about 1 year ago
Senior Civil Engineer - Water and Waste
A Senior Civil Engineer is sought to join the Water Team in our Exeter office delivering a variety of water and wastewater infrastructure and non-infrastructure projects as part of our framework with South West Water.
· Project management of assigned projects as required.
· Line management and mentoring of individuals within the section.
· Carrying out own discipline technical and other work as required on assigned projects.
· Technical quality of work from team (own discipline).
· Undertake the role of the Project Manager as required.
· Undertake the role of Line Manager as required.
· Prepare or supervise own discipline designs, design calculations, tender documentation, scheme evaluations, design statements and other reports as identified in the Project Management Plan on assigned projects.
· Monitor quality of own discipline team work in accordance with good engineering practice, relevant standards, Codes of Practice, current design methods and Health & Safety legislation.
· Check/ approve own discipline work, including third party design proposals, as identified in the Project Management Plan on assigned projects.
· Carry out other duties identified in the Project Management Plan on assigned projects.
· Have a good understanding of all relevant standards, Codes of Practice, Health & Safety Legislation and current design methods and provide general technical support to own discipline team members.
· Assist with the preparation and maintenance of own discipline standard specifications as required.
· Assist with the promotion of the capabilities of the company to current and prospective clients.
· Assist with monitoring, planning and forecasting utilisation of project resources.
· Comply with BMS Procedures.
· Suitable civil engineering qualifications are required, at or working towards CEng
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
NO AGENCIES PLEASE