8 months ago
What is the purpose of the role?
At Amey Consulting in Liverpool, we design the highways and traffic installations that you and your family use on a daily basis. We are looking for a Senior Engineer in Traffic Systems Design, who will play a central role in delivering technical design solutions to Liverpool City Council and other key clients.
What will this role involve?
In your role as Senior Engineer in Traffic Systems Design you will undertake technical design work within defined budgets, to an agreed timetable and to high professional standards. This will include undertaking site surveys and resolving problems as the arise.
What makes the role unique?
From Liverpool, Amey Consulting partners with Local Authorities on projects such as the A565 Northern Link Key Corridor Improvements (for Liverpool City Council) and the Liverpool City Centre Connectivity Project. By working on local projects as a Senior Engineer in Traffic Systems Design you will have a unique opportunity to see your designs evolve through from inception to completion, through working in partnership with our Amey operations teams and gaining on-site experience.
Based at Matchworks we have large modern spaces to work with free on-site parking and have a progressive, flexible attitude towards accommodating work life balance and flexible working hours.
Our Liverpool team is made up of 45 professionals with a diverse experience base. We pride ourselves on mentoring engineers at all levels and can offer significant support towards Chartership or the opportunity to mentor others on their journey.
This is an excellent opportunity to develop your career and traffic signals design skills by working on a varied range of highways and public realm projects.
Who are we looking for?
As our next Senior Engineer in Traffic Systems Design, you will be able to show the following:
* Design experience within a traffic systems environment
* Knowledge of AutoCAD to produce technical drawings.
* HNC/BEng/MEng in Civil Engineering or suitable alternative qualification in Electrical Engineering and be working towards professional accreditation of an appropriate engineering institution.
* Client focused approach to service delivery
* Knowledge of relevant design standards including the Design Manual for Roads and Bridges.
* Awareness of contract documents and procedures including the Manual of Contract Documents for highway Works.
* Knowledge and experience of CDM regulations and other health and safety legislation.
* Knowledge of the Equality Act 2010 and Road Safety Audit procedures.
* Knowledge of QM and EMS processes.
* Extensive experience of traffic systems modelling software: Linsig, Transyt, Oscady.
* Experience preparing TR2500 Controller Configuration forms.
* Experience undertaking Traffic Signal Controller Factory and Site Acceptance testing.
* Knowledge and experience of UTC, SCOOT and MOVA.
* Awareness of relevant legislation including the Road Traffic Regulation Act; the Local Authorities Traffic Orders (Procedure) (England and Wales) Regulations; The Traffic Management Act; the Highways Act and the Highways (Road Humps) Regulations
Apply for our Senior Engineer - Traffic Systems Design role by submitting your CV. Our recruitment team will be in touch to discuss your application further.