7 days ago
We deliver forward-thinking solutions for the world’s biggest asset owners, transforming the places where we live, work, and travel. Our success comes from a practical approach. We pride ourselves on solving complex challenges with original thinking, then turning it into a reality. We arrive at better answers because we ask better questions.
In Liverpool, Amey Consulting partners with Local Authorities on projects such as the A565 Northern Link Key Corridor Improvements and the Liverpool City Centre Connectivity Project Upgrade of Eberle Street. By working on local projects like these, as a Senior Highways Design Engineer, you will have a unique opportunity to see your designs evolve from inception to completion, through working in partnership with our Amey operations teams and gaining on-site experience.
Based at Matchworks we have large modern spaces to work with free on-site parking and have a progressive, flexible attitude towards accommodating work-life balance and flexible working hours.
Our Liverpool team is made up of 45 professionals with a diverse experience base. We pride ourselves on mentoring engineers at all levels and can offer significant support towards Chartership or the opportunity to mentor others on their journey.
What is the purpose of this role?
Due to increased workload, we are seeking to recruit a Senior Civil Engineer. The successful candidate will support our continued growth and increasing workload through the production of civil designs, and provide a unique chance to join a highly skilled highways design team.
Being an experienced Senior Civil Engineer at Amey Consulting, you’ll have the chance to focus on the parts of your role you most enjoy. Whether it’s further training to broaden your skills, working more closely with your clients to build relationships, or having the opportunity to develop leadership capabilities, our environment is one of collaboration and support where the direction of your career is led by you.
What will this role involve?
* Develop designs by following the client’s requirements and relevant design standards
* Represent the business stream in multi-disciplined project teams
* Prepare and check the feasibility studies, appraisal, and assessment reports
* Development of engineering solutions and presentation of engineering options
* Produce and check design concepts, design details, drawings specifications, and other technical documents
* Assist in the preparation and monitoring of the budget for projects including the planning, monitoring, and reporting of project resources
* Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with the client and other relevant stakeholders
What are we looking for?
* You have a Bachelors or Masters degree in an appropriate subject
* Have Chartered or Incorporated status held with an appropriate professional body
* You are an accredited trainer with a relevant professional institution, e.g. Delegated Engineer for the Institution of Civil Engineers
* You can demonstrate developed experience and expertise within the relevant technical field, probably gained in a Civil Engineer role or equivalent
* You can demonstrate an ability to produce or oversee the production of technically sound engineering solutions, complying with all relevant technical standards and client requirements
* You are experienced in undertaking project related tasks associated with health, safety, and welfare, e.g. Construction (Design and Management) Regulations
* You are experienced in the application of technical governance procedures within a consulting engineering environment
* You know technical governance procedures and how they are applied within a consulting engineering environment
Our rewards make us better people here at Amey Consulting. If you’re happy, you’ll think better. It’s a simple formula but one that puts your wellbeing as a top priority, that’s why we’ve worked hard to build a reward and benefits program that puts you first, including;
* Competitive salary
* Exceptional development and progression plan
* Contributory Pension Scheme
* Minimum 24 days holiday + Bank Holidays
* Additional Leave Purchase Scheme
* Amey Rewards Portal including healthcare, dental, and childcare vouchers
What makes this role unique?
Our success comes from a practical approach. We pride ourselves on solving complex challenges with original, real-world thinking, then turning it into a reality. Your solutions will have an impact, making a genuine difference in people’s lives. It’s what makes a career with us unlike any other.
We value collective expertise, but also the spark one person can bring. As one of us, you can be you, because your individuality is an asset. You’ll be surrounded by people who want you to thrive and embrace new challenges.
You’ll work in a team that is open-minded and where every idea will count. You’ll be stretched, but always supported. Well recognise your hard work and look after your well-being too. You’ll be empowered to play your part and achieve, encouraged to fulfil your ambition as well as the shared one.