8 months ago
Senior Civil Engineer
WYG is seeking someone with a demonstrable track record of delivering the design and construction of civil engineering schemes and experience in NEC contract administration (NEC Accredited qualification would be advantageous).
The ideal candidate, whilst having an understanding of civil design processes, will have experience in the administration of NEC contracts and first-hand experience of managing civil engineering contractors. You will be working with a supportive and successful team in our Edinburgh or Glasgow office.
Joining the existing Civil Engineering team, you will be involved in delivering a wide range of infrastructure projects to the value of £10m and will have responsibility and accountability for specific aspects of projects. You will continue to develop your existing, wide range of project management and contract administration skills and knowledge, working closely with clients, contractors, stakeholders and colleagues to deliver quality outcomes in challenging timelines.
We are looking for professionally credible and commercially minded Civil Engineer with enthusiasm, energy and the ability to act on their own initiative to meet clients’ expectations. The ability to identify project requirements, develop a programme of delivery, control costs, manage project governance and administer construction contracts on behalf of clients will be crucial for success. You will be busy, challenged and well rewarded.
From day one, you will be immersed in a variety of duties. We will expect you to quickly understand and assist in the management of design stages, procurement, tendering and administration of construction contracts on a variety of projects in the commercial and residential development sectors. You should have a determined approach to delivery, embracing the project team around you, forming effective relationships and always looking to deliver projects to the highest standard.
Specific activities will include all aspects of project delivery support from start to finish, including:
* Quality control
* Cost control
* Preparation of tender and contract documents
* Evaluating tenders
* Contract stage project management and administration
* Health and safety aspects
* Client and stakeholder liaison,
* The role could also include bid support
* Tertiary (degree equivalent) engineering or construction delivery related degree
* NEC 3 or 4 Accredited status would be desirable
* Chartered membership of a recognised civil engineering professional institution
* Good communication skills
* Able to work collaboratively with clients and suppliers and to deliver results
* Professional and ethical in everything that you do
* Knowledge of multi discipline project development and implementation
* Able to Identify and develop a phased approach to delivery, working collaboratively with the client to understand and agree project requirements
* Understanding of the NEC3 Engineering and Construction Contract or other recognised contract form that is applicable to the construction industry.
* Microsoft Project / MS software
* Driving licence
* Suitability for security clearance
At WYG we develop, design and deliver interdisciplinary projects that support a sustainable future; from technical solutions to complex challenges. Our teams connect across a project lifecycle, creating tailored programmes that address client needs and manage risk.
* We work alongside clients to develop their strategies and plans providing the services they need to unlock opportunities.
* We design for outcomes that realise value for clients and make a difference in communities
* From single projects to large-scale programmes of work we deliver against our client’s objectives and are adept at working in complicated or highly regulated environments
WYG is now part of the Tetra Tech group, a leading provider of consulting, engineering, programme management, construction management, and technical services. As part of the Tetra Tech team – 20,000 people in over 450 global locations – we can achieve more for our clients, through a wider alliance of services and industry expertise across our markets.
A rewarding future is yours at WYG. We are committed to supporting your personal aspirations and, with clear career paths and a wide range of opportunities, your goals will always be within reach. Our blended learning experience will help you to develop all the skills and qualifications that you need to succeed. Fantastic flexible benefits and personalised rewards make up an excellent package.
WYG is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.