4 months ago
Amey Consulting are working on various intricate and challenging Rail design projects throughout the UK, including Wales and Borders, TRU, Midland Mainline, and Crossrail. The railway sector has always been one of our core sectors and because of our success in building and maintaining the railway, Amey Consulting has become an industry leader in Rail Design consultancy services. With a growing team of 350+ staff, working across our 12 Rail design offices across the UK we are continuing to add to our already extensive and impressive list of project awards. We also support people in their need to work flexibly, to fit around any lifestyle need.
Due to increased workload we are seeking to recruit a Senior Civil Engineer. The successful candidate will undertake production of Civil design, working as part of a dedicated Civil design engineering team.
This role will offer the opportunity for the right candidate to innovate and use the latest technology to develop themselves and the projects they work on. We are continuously working hard to collaborate with clients and sub-contracts to ensure we are successful in the objective of improving the world we live in
• Plan surveys and lead site survey teams and undertake CDM/CSM/risk analyses
• Manage the Civil and Structural design for small projects checking designs to ensure all contractual requirements have been satisfied to a level that complies with NR, RSSB and British standards
• Communicate effectively with the client and other design/construction disciplines and sub-contractors providing resource estimates for civil engineering input to tenders
• Develop and mentor graduate and engineers towards UK Spec IEng/CEng
• Act as a CRE and deputise for the CEM if appropriate
• Assist with the close out DRN's for schemes they are responsible for
• Act as delivery manager for small schemes ensuring hours spent are in line with the estimated hours and advise project team of any change in advance.
Skills & experience
• Achieved CEng / IEng status (or equivalent), plus 3 years post qualification experience in a relevant engineering area or MEng/BEng (or equivalent) degree and significant relevant experience, confirmed using the authority to work process
• Demonstrate a sound understanding of the design process, network rail’s technical approvals process and engineering management
• Have a working knowledge of BIM and be able to assist others in the use of BIM
• Ability to undertake design work for Civil and Structural Design elements of projects and check the work of others using the design software in the discipline e.g. AutoCAD and Microstation
At Amey Consulting you have a unique opportunity to bring truly ground-breaking work to life by working alongside market-leading consultants in a practical infrastructure environment.
You will be surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges, who also care about your job satisfaction and well-being.
You’ll be stretched but always supported to bring out the better in you and to create better places for everyone.
We believe that we are what we do.
It’s more than just wanting to do better.
At Amey we’re proud to be the better.