3 months ago
Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That's why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ. We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that’s why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees.
Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year. Amey is an equal opportunities employer.
What is the purpose of this role?
To act as a Senior Civil Engineer in the assessment of rail structures to ensure;
* Delivery of all the specified assessments tasks on time, within budget and to Network Rail, Highway and other relevant standards.
* Compliance with Company and Network Rail management process and systems.
* Ensure the highest standards of safety
* Ensure that the delivery of all the specified project outcomes are on time, within budget and to the quality required.
What will this role involve?
Engineering Services comprise;
* Rail structure assessments and checking of assessments for depots, footbridges, canopies, underbridges, overbridges and undercrofts to fully meet the client specification in accordance with relevant standards
* Preparation and check of technical assessment reports and drawings
* Preparation for and undertaking of site work to carry out inspection for assessments and inspection/examination of assets
* Maintain high technical standards, consistent with the project brief and in accordance with the requirements of the Amey Integrated Account Plan, including Health & Safety, Environmental and all other appropriate regulations relevant standards and HSEQ documentation
* Support the delivery of services on other contracts
* Exercise independent engineering judgement and provide innovative solutions to engineering problems
* Assist in the development and supervision of project team members
* Develop and maintain good working relationships with the Client and other relevant stakeholders
* Support the preparation of bids and delivery of services on other contracts, when required
* Keep up to date with industry best practice and where appropriate apply best practice within the team environment
What are we looking for?
* Chartered or Incorporated Engineer (CEng / IEng through ICE, CIHT or IStructE) or approaching CEng or IEng status having completed the necessary training requirements
* Computer literate and conversant with MS Office suite and relevant engineering analysis software packages
* Demonstrable experience in Structures Assessments in accordance with Network Rail assessment standards and with all major structural materials
* Personal Track Safety (PTS) AC/DC
* IOSH Working Safely
* STE 04 and 05 qualification in accordance with NR/SP/CTM/017
* A proactive and collaborative team member, who can work closely with colleagues and fit seamlessly into a delivery team
* Desire to develop existing skills and acquire new technical competence to enhance personal and team capabilities
* Dedicated approach to meeting strict project deadlines
* Enthusiasm and self-motivation to drive for continuous improvement
* Client focused approach to service delivery
* Driving Licence – full, valid and clean
* Eligible to work and reside in the UK
What makes this role unique?
You will be involved in the assessment of historic rail structures within a very experienced assessment team, but have the opportunity to work in other sectors.