4 months ago
Senior Civil Engineer
May 11, 2019
Stepps, BORDER, GB, G33 6FB
Black & Veatch Family of Companies
To support the Design Engineers and other team members in delivering detailed design services within the aBV alliance, in accordance with all relevant technical standards, producing the required outputs on time, within budget and to the quality required. Undertake management role within the design team.
• Implement the project requirements to fully meet the client specification in accordance with relevant standards
• Undertake any work of a technical nature that falls within ability
• Be happy to work under minimum supervision and to check the work of others and supervise less experienced or junior staff.
• Assist with the appraisal process subject to suitable level of supervision.
• Carry out site visits and surveys, inspections assessment and supervise sub-contractors.
• Prepare and check feasibility studies, inspections assessment and technical reports and other written documents in an appropriate format ensuring compliance with aBV procedures
• Comply with the requirements of the aBV Integrated Management System including Health & safety, Environmental and all other appropriate regulations.
• Prepare/check design approach, calculations, drawings and documents.
• Take line management responsibility for the direction and supervision of junior design team members to ensure timely project delivery is within budget, and in accordance with programme and quality requirements.
• Engage in client and third party liaison.
• Keep up to date with industry best practice and where appropriate identify innovation/best practice for consideration.
• Support the performance appraisals for staff and support learning and development opportunities for self and other team members.
Flexible working will be considered for this role.
Degree qualified, and Chartered or Incorporated Engineer (CEng/IEng through ICE, or relevant equivalent professional qualification) or approaching achieving relevant professional qualification having completed the necessary training requirements.
(or equivalent relevant experience)
Good written and oral communication and organisational skills
Self-motivated with the drive to achieve continuous improvement targets, and participate in career development initiatives.
Proven ability to work within a team environment with a dedicated approach to meet project deadlines.
Client focused approach to service delivery
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Previous experience of wastewater infrastructure Design and Build environment.
Civil Engineer, Engineer, Wastewater, Water Treatment, Engineering