11 months ago
Senior Civil Engineer
Date published: 22-Aug-2018
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Water
Business Plan: ENG
Working with the Client’s Team and the wider ESD team, this person will ensure that cost effective, technically compliant and buildable solutions are designed, approved and handed over to the construction teams in line with programme expectations and in accordance with the Project Delivery Process, ensuring stakeholder engagement, 3rd Party liaison and compliance with relevant standards and procedures and with appropriate regard to risk to the health and safety of all concerned and ensuring good customer satisfaction.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Primary responsibilities include, but may not be limited to:
• Ensure designs are completed in accordance with CDM Regulations
• Ensure a safe working environment for all staff
• Produce design documents which are cost effective, meet the requirements of the specification and which can be purchased, installed and commissioned effectively.
• Ensure that standard designs and design practices are utilised wherever possible.
• Agree the design cost budget and monitor performance against the budget and provide forecast costs to completion for individual projects
• Record, monitor and control design changes in order to maximise cost efficiency.
• Organising the work required and documenting it in the Design Management Plan
• Delivering the design stage outputs of each project within the agreed timescale and budget
• Coordinating design outputs across all technical disciplines
• Preparing monthly project status reports
• Raising and resolution of technical queries
• Establish working relationships with construction staff and supply chain representatives to promote buildability and supply chain efficiency in design outputs
Take all reasonable steps to ensure appropriate confidentiality.
• Degree or equivalent qualification
• Chartered or near chartered in a construction discipline as appropriate to grade
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.