11 months ago
Senior Civil Engineer
Login to Save this vacancy
Job Location: Cambridge
Salary Details: Not Specified
Type of contract: Permanent - Full Time/Flexible
Vacancy Reference: 38
Our Cambridge office is extremely busy at the moment and we are seeking to recruit a Senior Engineer to join the Civils team. We have major growth plans in place in this region and we are planning to move to a new office in the City Center by April 2018. PBA have long been established as one of the leading consultancies in the East and we have never been busier.
This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a fast-growing, multi-disciplinary infrastructure consultancy with the opportunity to work on a variety of projects across all sectors of the development industry. We are currently working on some of the biggest and most prestigious developments in the Cambridge and Eastern region.
You will have the opportunity to be intricately involved in the delivery from concept through to construction of a wide range of multi-disciplinary projects, from large mixed-use, residential or commercial / industrial projects through to city centre regeneration schemes.
Key responsibilities / Duties will include:
* Preparing plans and drawings at all stages of the development cycle (concept through to construction) in the areas of civil engineering, utilities, transport and hydrology
* Producing design drawings for technical approvals and construction
* Design of Earthworks, Highways, Pavement and Drainage and the preparation of the associated specifications
* Liaise with Local Authorities and other stakeholders to obtain necessary approvals
* 3D Earthworks Modelling
* Delegating and supervising work of more junior team members and acting as a mentor
* Liaise with clients, other professionals and other PBA teams and disciplines on all relevant aspects of projects
* Assist during the implementation stage, including site monitoring
Capabilities and Qualifications:
The successful candidate will be a positive and enthusiastic team player and in addition should:
* Have a BSc in Civil Engineering
* Have proven experience of producing development, highway and drainage designs including S38, S278 and S104 designs
* Have extensive experience in the use of AutoCAD, Civils3D and / or MX, AutoTrack
* Able to demonstrate their experience in the delivery of projects to time and budget
Peter Brett Associates (PBA) is now part of Stantec, thus entering the most exciting phase in our history. We have built up our reputation through decades of success and now have made a significant step towards securing greater opportunities and growth.
Both PBA and Stantec bring teams that possess a depth of expertise, experience, and passion for community. Together, our combined strengths will be essential to meet the growing opportunities in key UK markets. As a result, we will be able to offer a broader set of services to our clients and even better career opportunities for our people. Our people are our most important asset. Creating a friendly and supportive environment for our employees where they can attain their personal career goals is a key objective for us.
PBA is committed to a policy of Equal Opportunities.