about 1 year ago
Title : Senior Civil Engineer
Requisition ID :2019-36257
Work Location :GB-West Midlands-Birmingham
Department / Discipline : Engineering - Civil
Position Type : Staff / Permanent
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is currently seeking a Senior Engineer to join our Infrastructure team in our Birmingham office.
The role would suit a proactive, enthusiastic and self-motivated individual looking to advance their career in a dynamic, growing team. This position would ideally suit someone with a highway or traffic engineering background with considerable experience of working in the Public Sector.
You will have the opportunity to work on some of the most prestigious projects across the UK. Key clients include Local Authorities, Crown Estate, Homes England and MOD and working with these clients to deliver their aspirations and ambitions will be an important factor. You will play a leading role in the design and assessment of infrastructure projects within multidisciplinary design teams and will take appropriate responsibility for the delivery and quality of the design elements.
We are looking for individuals who now want to enhance and develop their careers within a growing organisation that will support their future development.
* Senior member of a team of engineers carrying out preliminary and detailed designs including the preparation of supporting Specifications
* Undertake Health & Safety responsibilities including ensuring a safe and healthy working environment for the project team members and fulfilling all responsibilities for health and safety in design
* Support the Project / Discipline Manager as necessary with costing, programming and monitoring of financial performance as necessary
* Client facing and able to manage your own workload
* Capable of managing / supporting design teams and mentoring to junior members of the design team
* Responsibility for compliance with quality and technical assurance procedures for deliverables produced by the team
* Deliver engineering services / projects to a range of sectors, including defence, property, waste, industrial and transportation
* Contribute to engineering inputs for PQQ’s and tenders
* Compliance with Wood's HS&E, quality, financial, risk management, business and policy requirements.
Skills / Qualifications
Experience & Skills
* Experience of working in the Public Sector
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Demonstrable technical review / assurance skills
* Has worked within a multi-disciplinary or engineering consultancy
* Thorough knowledge and use of AutoCAD
* Experience of 3D design software (e.g. Autodesk Revit and/or Civils 3D) and application of BIM
* User of MicroDrainage Software
* NEC3 / 4 Contract experience
* Working knowledge of Highway Authority Sections 38, 116, 117 and 278 and Water Authority sections 104, 116 and 185 agreements
* Previously or currently working for one of Wood's direct competitors
* Multi-sector and international experience
* Experience of working on major infrastructure projects
* Qualified to degree level (or equivalent) in Civil Engineering
* Graduate Member of a relevant professional body such as ICE, CIWEM, CIHT, IHE
* Working towards, or achieved, an appropriate professional status with membership of a relevant professional institution
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
25 days ago
only 3 days until close
19 days ago
only 9 days until close
19 days ago
only 9 days until close
10 days ago
only 18 days until close