about 1 year ago
Atkins Infrastructure business is looking to appoint a number of Senior Civil Engineers to support and lead the technical aspects of civil engineering and multidisciplinary designs across a range of major projects.
The Infrastructure business provides multidisciplinary engineering services and integrated solutions across a wide range major civil engineering and infrastructure projects.
Drawing upon a diverse skill set and a proven track record of delivery we are playing a leading role in some of the world’s most challenging and exciting engineering projects. These include Airports, Defence, Energy, Marine, Civil Infrastructure, Transportation, Water, Education, Commercial/ Residential and Rail in the UK and Abroad. We pride ourselves in offering a truly multi-disciplinary capability and bring exciting opportunities to influence major projects from beginning to end. Our vision is to be the world’s best Infrastructure Consultancy, with a broad range of clients influencing policy and future technology.
This post will be based out of Birmingham where we have a thriving Atkins office and a number of exciting ongoing infrastructure projects including an extensive portfolio of regeneration and development projects, water, flood and drainage projects, transportation projects including HS2, waste transfer and recycling projects, as well as involvement in major nuclear and overseas initiatives. Our portfolio of work continues to grow and we have a number of major opportunities in the pipeline which offer exciting roles and responsibilities. We will offer a challenging and rewarding opportunity to apply knowledge, experience and problem solving skills as well as growing responsibility levels. As a senior engineer you would be responsible for managing a range of project technical staff, reporting upwards to a number of Principal Engineers. This role offers excellent opportunities for career development for the right candidate. If you have a passion for engineering and want to understand where a career with Atkins might lead then we would like to hear from you.
* Undertake role of Design Team Leader for major projects with a high Civil engineering and heavy structural engineering content
* Management of projects to programme, budget and quality
* Provide project technical leadership
* Project people leadership for our project staff, helping to develop our more junior engineers and technicians
* Champion the implementation of our project BIM strategy including use of integrated design tools and data management systems
* Actively support strategic business and project objectives
* Actively support continuous improvement and innovation initiatives
* Actively support compliance with business and financial systems
* Maintain regular liaison with clients to develop good working relationships; understand client needs and agree best value technical solutions to meet project challenges
* Lead production, check and review of designs for projects in accordance with relevant design standards and codes including client specific requirements: Governance of design solutions to corporate standards and client requirements
* Lead Co-ordination of multiple discipline inputs (including health and safety, sustainability, environment, planning) to achieve integrated designs/solutions
* Ensure successful integrated delivery of projects by working collaboratively within a multi-disciplinary environment including working closely with our offshore resource
* Preparing tenders, working with internal market leads to help promote and sell Atkins services
* Prepare schedules of work, work breakdown structures, risk schedules
* Health and safety management of design including application of CDM 2015
* Civil Engineering Degree or equivalent qualification
* Chartered Civil / Structural Engineer
* Demonstrable experience within a Civil Engineering Design environment with particular emphasis on heavy civil engineering aspects.
* Track record in design delivery including multidisciplinary design
* Up to date knowledge of current design codes and design software relating to Civil Engineering
* Ability to collaborate successfully within a project and team environment
* Ability to manage, motivate and delegate within a project delivery environment
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to work successfully with Clients
* Experience in statutory consents, applications for connections/ discharge consents, planning approvals and assessments
* Flexible and engaging with resilience and drive
* Ability to exercise initiative and sound engineering judgement and take ownership of project issues
* Hands on BIM/Digital competency
* Proactive commitment to health and safety
* Valid driving licence
* Excellent time management
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents
Rewards and Benefits
The Atkins standard benefits package
is included in the job description template
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview