5 months ago
Title : Senior Civil Designer - Underground
Requisition ID :2019-41284
Work Location :GB-Berkshire-Reading
Department / Discipline : Engineering - Civil
Position Type : Staff / Permanent
Professional & Technical
Overview / Responsibilities
Due to an increased workload Wood is recruiting for a Senior Civil Underground Designer with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry. This will be a Staff role which will provide excellent development opportunities for the right person.
Working on multi-billion dollar petrochemicals and Oil & Gas projects from our Reading office, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following activities:
* Preparation and setting out of UG layouts with drainage networks including drains, pipes, roads and paving as per plot plans, vendor data and other departments input, following technical work practices, standards, specifications, plot plans, P&ID’s and vendor data
* Preparation of Road, Paving and Fencing drawings
* Preparation of standard drawings for all Underground items
* Reports clashes and participates in clash check exercises
* Co-ordination with other disciplines for input and changes and with other designers
* Ensures all files are up-to date with respect to the deliverables responsible for
* Ensuring that drafting activities are carried out within the established time schedule and within the allocated manhour budget
Skills / Qualifications
* Diploma or similar with experience in Refinery / Petrochemical / Chemical / Power / Pharmaceutical Plant Projects.
* Knowledge in 2D and 3D drafting Bentley Microstation V8i
* Working knowledge of Bentley InRoads and/or Windes (Microdrainage) would be considered an advantage
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.