4 months ago
Amey Consulting are working on various intricate and challenging Rail design projects throughout the UK, including Wales and Borders, TRU, Midland Mainline, and Crossrail. The railway sector has always been one of our core sectors and because of our success in building and maintaining the railway, Amey Consulting has become an industry leader in Rail Design consultancy services. With a growing team of 350+ staff, working across our 12 Rail design offices across the UK we are continuing to add to our already extensive and impressive list of project awards. We also support people in their need to work flexibly, to fit around any lifestyle need.
Due to increased workload we are seeking to recruit a Senior Civils Technician. The successful candidate will undertake the production of Civil design drawings, working as part of a dedicated Civil design engineering team.
This role will offer the opportunity for the right candidate to innovate and use the latest technology to develop themselves and the projects they work on. We are continuously working hard to collaborate with clients and sub-contracts to ensure we are successful in the objective of improving the world we live in.
In a typical week you will:
• Producing design drawings using Autocad/ Microstation in 2D and 3D
• Supervise and mentor other Microstation technicians
• Assisting others in the use of BIM and related software
• Support the design team during design submissions
• Contribute to site surveys
We want to hear from you if you have:
• Completed Level 4 HNC (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline or appropriate level of experience in a relevant area, confirmed using the authority to work process
• Preferably achieved EngTech status (or equivalent)
• Have a very good knowledge of NR, RSSB and British standards related to CAD
• Have knowledge and experience of concrete and steel detailing and be able to produce details with minimal supervision
• Have a working knowledge of BIM, common data environments
At Amey Consulting you have a unique opportunity to bring truly ground-breaking work to life by working alongside market-leading consultants in a practical infrastructure environment.
You will be surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges, who also care about your job satisfaction and well-being.
You’ll be stretched but always supported to bring out the better in you and to create better places for everyone.
We believe that we are what we do.
It’s more than just wanting to do better.
At Amey we’re proud to be the better.