about 1 year ago
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood. Transmission and Distribution business has won a major new contract and we are looking to build our existing team; we are looking for Civil and Structural Design Engineers with background and experience in High Voltage Cabling and Substations design. This role will be based in London.As a Senior Design Engineer your responsibility would be to ensure technical quality and suitability of all deliverables on the project meeting all technical, construction and operation and maintenance requirements and produced with due account of Safety by design and our More 4 less approach. You will also need to provide direction in the production of engineering deliverables on project and ensure all deliverables are produced to meet the project, client, Amec Foster Wheeler and contract requirements. Role Specific Requirements:
* Maintain the required technical quality of work and Ensure quality assurance system compliance and conduct periodic reviews.
* Identify scope and schedule changes in accordance with the Change Control Process
* Provide technical expertise across the team which may cover in line with competence:
* Foundation design and analysis
* Building design and analysis
* Drainage design
* Road layout and design for substations (industrial sites).
* Oil containment measures
* Fire Containment
* Associated Temporary work
* Ensure that designs comply with the relevant procedures and regulations
* Ensure, as far as practically possible, that all assigned work is carried out in compliance with agreed budget and schedule
* Keep up to date with technical developments, National and International standards and legislative requirements related to discipline work scope.
* Maintain good communication with the Client and visit Assets when necessary
* Carry out site surveys where necessary
* Encourage and provide lateral learning within the project
* Assist the Lead Engineer and others when requested in the execution of their responsibilities and duties
* Assist in training and mentoring of graduates as required
* Support the production of standard technical specifications based on Client, European, and British Standards.
Skills / Qualifications
* Formal engineering qualification from further education
* Significant engineering delivery in a regulated and high safety critical sector
* Applicable Engineering Tools for role – In line with CAS role requirement for each task
* Membership to an engineering institution
* Significant experience in T&D sector
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.