7 months ago
Job Title : Senior Chartered Building Surveyor
Location : Leicester
Category : Building Surveying
Type : Permanent Full-time
Salary : Negotiable
Reference # : RG1154
Senior Chartered Building Surveyor
Salary: £Negotiable – depending on experience
With one of the largest teams of chartered surveyors in the property sector, located in regional offices across the UK, we have a depth and breadth of experience, expertise and local knowledge to support our clients at every stage of property investment, ownership and occupation from acquisition to disposal.
We work with a wide range of clients to manage their property portfolios, projects and transactions and due to our continuing success; Ridge and Partners are now looking for a talented Senior Chartered Building Surveyor to join our significantly experienced team in Leicester.
Our projects include large industrial and commercial schemes with contract values over £30 million to smaller schemes and working for interesting clients including Schools/Universities, retail, local authority, contractors, developers etc.
What will you be doing?
* Provide advice on the design, construction, maintenance, repair and refurbishment of all types of residential and commercial property
* Carry out building and measured surveys
* Ensure buildings conform to the latest building regulations and technical standards
* Taking particulars on site, writing up specifications, obtaining estimates, planning maintenance programmes and administering contracts for maintenance work
* Analyse and report on building defects
* Handling claims and negotiations with loss adjusters leading to the preparation of drawings and specifications for remedial work
* Prepare schedules of dilapidations (land and buildings)
* Provide advice in connection with planning applications, appeals, boundary disputes, government grants, conducting arbitrations and acting as an expert witness
* Supervision of building work on site
What we need from you:
* MRICS Chartered
* Commercially focused
* Asset management and loss adjusting experience
* Private sector experience
* Proven business development skills
The role will require you to be a key point of contact with our prestigious clients, therefore a high level of communication skills and commercial awareness are essential for being successful in this role.
You will be of an analytical mind and high level of intellect - combining excellent written and oral skills to produce considered and robust reports and recommendations.
At Ridge we invest heavily in our biggest assets our people. And as you will find out from day one in your Ridge career, you will be handsomely rewarded:
* 25 days holiday
* Company car or car allowance
* Private Healthcare
* Life Assurance
* Standard 5% Ridge Contribution
* Highly competitive salary
Ridge is an award winning, UK top 20 multi-discipline property and construction consultancy. Core disciplines include Project Management, Cost Management, Building Surveying, Building Services Engineering, Building Services Maintenance Management, Property Consultancy, Architecture, Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering, Health & Safety, Sustainability, Legal Support Services, Traffic & Transportation, Infrastructure Commercial Management, Geo-Environmental. In addition, we provide property consultancy expertise for asset management, modern procurement, planned maintenance programmes, innovative strategies and holistic delivery planning.
We maintain a spread of projects across all public and private sector markets from social housing to Formula One which is the essence of our strength in the depth and diverse range of our activity. All services are accredited to BS EN ISO9001 2015 for quality, ISO14001 environmental, ISO18001 Health & Safety and with Investors in People. Ridge has been successfully operating since 1946 and now employs over 585 people in ten offices across the UK and has delivered projects in 75 countries worldwide.
Closing Date : 10th November 2018