4 months ago
Responsible for leading a Manufacturing (MFG) team. Focused on execution of production & quality targets, on time delivery & development, implementation of improvements to ensure a consistent & strong performance from the Production Operation in line with Operating Plan. Close liaison with MFG, HSE & L&D leaders along with Global counterparts are essential to ensure shop floor success & safety. Must constantly strive to improve the key factors of HSE, product quality & MFG efficiencies.
* Leader for all pipe completion activities requiring collaboration with other Cell Leaders, Asset Management Leader & Advanced Manufacturing Leader
* Develop and maintain systems for effective monitoring, improvement of skills and competencies along with the development of training plans
* Liaison with Niteroi’s Pipe Completion Cell Leader to ensure standards on the shop floor are aligned globally
* Monitor liquidation of hours and closure of discreet jobs for OCPH and compliant revenue recognition purposes
* Effective leadership of all employees in the areas of responsibility, ensuring effective and efficient deployment and utilization of all resources
* Provides leadership & management of Rest of World (RoW) Pipe Completion team
* Actively support and engage in all HSE activity, Company policies, procedures and statutory requirements to ensure staff are fully compliant
* Develop and maintain a safe workplace for all employees and contractors
* Drive a relentless focus on the cost of quality and adherence to the QMS
* Ensure 100% compliance to Quality Control & Quality Assurance
* Direct the production strategy to maintain maximum throughput of the pipe completion area in line with lean manufacturing best practice principles & Brilliant Factory initiatives including Digital
* Develop and drive continuous improvement programs for all areas of performance including HSE, Quality and Throughput
* Connect strategy to purpose and break down key components to communicate to, and drive through the work centre team
* Ensure all employees are trained & competent for all tasks undertaken
* Develop, monitor and report on performance against KPIs
* In collaboration with the projects and engineering function, create and implement best-in-class design to manufacture and change management processes
* Ensures lessons-learnt are captured & fed into the knowledge management system – ELLP
* Ensure team supports with capital equipment selections, installation, commissioning, and operator training
* Ensure that ITO are supported during bidding process so that current process capability is captured in technical proposals for clients and regularly review standard rates for pipe completion processes
* Prioritize and keep relevant cost centres within budget
* Responsible for interviewing, hiring and training of employees, planning, assigning and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving problems
* Perform other duties as required by the Plant Manager
* Some experience within a Manufacturing environment preferably with leadership responsibilities / accountability
* Knowledge of flexible pipe manufacturing process
* Exceptional customer focus and relationships across multiple geographic locations
* Ability to effectively communicate at all levels both internally and externally including with customers and suppliers
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
* Have a proven ‘can-do’ orientation to work with demonstrable problem-solving skills
* Able to determine and improve process problems
* Have a proven track record in leadership within similar environments
* A relentless orientation towards safety and quality
* Ability to motivate, develop and manage people
* Six Sigma trained / certified
* Knowledge of Lean principles
* Ability to lead and influence in matrix environment
* Previous experience in a manufacturing environment
* Proven experience of RCA and problem solving
* Experience of report writing and data analysis
* Strong verbal, written, numerical and analytic skills, with the ability to present information to top management, clients or other peer groups
* Working knowledge of Windows software inc Outlook, Excel and Word
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, and according with all local laws protecting different status.
Follow us on Twitter, join our LinkedIn Group or become a fan of our Facebook page. Receive job and event notifications by becoming a member of the GE Talent Community. Stay up to date on what’s happening at GE around the globe by checking out the GE Careers Blog.
Locations: United Kingdom; Newcastle-upon-Tyne
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.