8 months ago
Senior CAD Technician
Date published: 22-Aug-2018
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Water
Business Plan: ENT
To support the Design Lead and other team members in delivering detailed design services including production of drawings using AutoCAD and associated packages.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work to aBV project controls guidelines and procedures.
• Support the Design Lead/CAD Manager and other team members in undertaking a wide range of design related tasks including:
• Production of AutoCAD drawings in accordance with the aBV CAD procedure.
• Undertake design, and modelling activities, including use of third party software packages where appropriate.
• Comply with the aBV IMS, CDM regulations and other relevant Safety and Environmental legislation.
• Take responsibility for the supervision of junior technicians to ensure timely design outputs are in accordance with programme and quality requirements.
• Maintain high technical standards, consistent with the project brief and compliance with aBV HSEA requirements
• Assisting with the production of project documentation, and reports.
Good written and oral communication and organisational skills
Desire to develop existing skills and acquire new technical competences to enhance personal and team capability
Ability to work within a team environment with a dedicated approach to meet project deadlines
Achieved or working towards, HNC/HND in Engineering (or a similar approved qualification)
Computer literate and conversant with the MS Office suite
Basic project management understanding in a multi-disciplinary project environment
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Basic understanding of design activities, and drawing preparation,in a multi-disciplinary Design and Build environment.