about 1 year ago
To assist the Engineering Team with the development and production of technically sound design solutions, including all associated drawing and model production, reporting and administration through a Common Data Environment.
* Producing and assisting with drawing and model production.
* Assisting with the implementation of effective, value for money and innovative design solutions.
* Maintaining high technical standards, consistent with the project brief under direction from the Engineering team and the Amey CAD manual.
* Assisting with compliance to the relevant Health and Safety legislation, particularly the CDM Regulations.
* Maintain focus on timely delivery to be able to plan and estimate drawing production and be able to deliver against these plans.
* Assisting with project related correspondence.
* Assisting in project administration within ProjectWise.
* Produce 2D and 3D models using Bentley Microstation to the project CAD/BIM standards.
* Develop the team’s capability to use other Bentley products, including AECOsim and Navigator, to achieve BIM level 2 compliance.
* Develop and maintain the disciplines CAD library and resource files.
* Work under the guidance or instruction from Senior engineers as required by the project.
* Liaise with specialist members of the Project Team, Client Project Managers and other Amey staff, as required.
* Work with office CAD manager, regional CAD manager, Project Manager, and the BIM Technical Director.
* Mentor and support other members of the CAD team.
Essential Skills, experience and qualifications
* Microstation and ProjectWise experience essential.
* Awareness of BS1192 and PAS1192 desirable.
* Awareness of Network Rail or Crossrail CAD Standards desirable.
* Knowledge of Network Rail standard details and processes.
* Good communication skills dealing with Engineers, other Technicians, and the wider project team.
* Assisting in the development and sharing of best practice.
* Knowledge of innovative designs and value engineering.
* Experience of working within the rail industry advantageous.
* Awareness of working in other rail disciplines (eg: Track) advantageous.
* Awareness of Building Information Modelling (BIM) advantageous.
* Personal Track Safety (PTS) competence advantageous.
* Desire to continuously develop existing skills and acquire new technical competence to enhance team capability.
* Flexible approach.
* Self-motivated individual and with good organisation and communication skills.