2 months ago
We are recruiting for a Senior CAD Designer for our Salford office.
The Senior CAD Designer will support current projects in the production of 3d models in both Autocad and Autocad Plant. They will be capable of attending kick-off meetings and preparing various deliverables to support all aspects of the design process from concept to detail. The Senior position is likely to be commensurate with level of experience and competence including aspects of all elements of design within CBS. The person would also be a go to person to offer advice and assistance with grades both below and above them.
They will prepare and maintain detailed design drawings, schematics computer-aided design software Works closely with design originators (e.g., engineers, designers) to resolve design details or discrepancies or to prepare drawings of which require a high degree of precision Creates, modifies and controls detailed two- and three-dimensional parts and assembly drawings.
* Capable of working to procedures. Both Client and CBS.
* Ensure that drawings are produced quickly and accurately in a consistent format with the minimum of supervision.
* Capable of high competency using Autocad in 3d format.
* Capable of fitting in to a dept. that is dynamic that has high expectations of meeting targets.
* Ability to attend site when required to take down survey data and transform into CAD drawings.
* Interpret mark-ups by project personnel and produce clear drawings.
* Capable of producing P&ID’s, civil briefing drawings, piping GA’s, plant layouts, in a 2d format using 3d packages.
* Have previously used Autocad Plant.
* Ability to hold Navisworks reviews.
* Ability to produce clash reports
* Ability to generate bills of materials extracted from 3d models.
* Ability to offer support to members of the team.
* Technical Knowledge: Strong understanding of construction and installation project management with experience working on projects. Experience working within many other areas of engineering design not just Power or CHP would be advantageous. Ability to handle design software including scanning. Knowledge of plant layout, piping design, flues, pipe supports
* Attention to detail: Ability to apply a thorough approach to each stage of the design process from concept to detail design.
* Cross-functional communication: Ability to communicate across all levels and have the ability to converse and collaborate across all internal and external teams of varying technical or commercial bias to enable a successful outcome.
* Safety in Design: Able to comply with CDM 2015 regulations and contribute towards design safety reviews and design risk assessments.
* CAD Designer within the Energy, CHP, or within similar industries such as Building Services.
* The candidate must have previous experience of creating drawings using 3d models and preferably also using 2d ortho generation using Autocad Plant 3d.
* Must have experience in pipe routing and plant layout.
* The candidate must be prepared to work out of the office if required on occasions although the work is considered to be largely based in Salford.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
This role is being handled by the Centrica recruitment team and NO agency contact is required.
Apply online now