about 1 year ago
Senior Business Development Manager
Requisition ID :2019-68751
Work Location :GB-Berkshire-Reading
Department / Discipline : Business Development
Position Type : Staff / Permanent
Market / Sector (Candidate Portal Searching)
Oil & Gas
Overview / Responsibilities
Responsibility for regional leadership of the Specialist Engineering & Consultancy business sales and business development efforts in the development, pursuit and execution of new business opportunities, alongside focusing on key customer accounts and strategic customer targets in order to meet sale growth and business targets. The Senior Business Development Manager is expected to be able to communicate and advocate to clients capabilities across the wider Development & Lifecycle Optimisation and Wood organisation to open opportunity routes across the business.
The Senior Business Development Manager is to lead and coordinate front line business development (sales) activities within the service line regionally in response to market trends, customer buying behaviours and competitor tactics and to create and maintain productive business relationships with internal and external stakeholders leading to enhanced earnings and reputation.
The Senior Business Development Manager is responsible and accountable for growing sales within the designated key customer accounts and strategic targets within the relevant region/territory; growing our service lines and products with strategic customers and key account sales to existing customers both external and internal.
Key areas of focus:
* Work closely with the Business Development Director SEC and Regional VP SEC to support the development and implementation of strategic inicatives for Specialist Engineering and Consultancy, work with regional sales and operational leads to ensure this is embedded into the business and lead generation of opportunities
* Develop new service offerings, partnerships and customers through both intra and cross-service line collaboration
* To achieve sales and growth goals in accordance with the regional sales plans.
* Actively generate new business and new clients, both external and internal through proactive collaboration.
* Engage and expand business and revenue in region, key accounts, strategic accounts and existing clients.
* Development of regional sales plans.
* Follow all Sales Processes and Procedures are executed and followed in the region.
Generating sufficient sales backlog and prospect bank to support SEC’s regional goals and objectives and ensures all opportunities and wins are recorded and manage in line with company processes.
Skills / Qualifications
* Three/Four year degree in marketing, business or related field and an additional 5 years work experience in a service sales/marketing/business development environment.
* Expert in global energy sector, ideally with additional expertise in global onshore/offshore renewables markets.
* Excellent people skills with a good command of the English language both oral and written and a capability for oral delivery in group meetings is a must.
* Must be organized and able to establish priorities, produce strategic planning documents, reports, and correspondence.
* Must have the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
* Proven collaborator and bridge builder
* Knowledge of engineering practices including an awareness of the applicable international standards relevant to the energy industry.
* Demonstrable experience in the identification and growth of new clients and revenue streams.
* Proven ability to cultivate relationships, identify opportunities and perform account management skills are critical
* Positive “can do” attitude with self confidence and resilience
* Proven ability to build and manage relationships with key stakeholders.
* Regular reporting to Senior Management on progress against strategic objectives and future pipeline of projects
* Proven ability to manage all business development activities, planning, technical input, scheduling and resource allocation
* Excellent working knowledge of Customer Relationship Management tools
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.