4 months ago
Senior Business Development Manager
Requisition ID :2019-41673
Work Location :GB-Lanarkshire-Glasgow
Department / Discipline : Business Development
Position Type : Staff / Permanent
Market / Sector (Candidate Portal Searching)
Renewables / Bioprocess
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood currently has an opportunity for a Senior Business Development Manager to support the Clean Energy (CE) team. This position will be ideally based in Glasgow however other locations will be considered.
This role will have overall direct responsibility for leading the CE business development efforts globally in the pursuit and execution of new work opportunities, meeting CE’s sale growth and business strategies.
The Senior Business Development Manager will lead and coordinate front line business development (sales) activities within the CE service lines in response to market trends, customer buying behaviours and competitor tactics. In addition to create and maintain productive business relationships with internal and external stakeholders, leading to enhanced earnings and reputation.
The Senior Business Development Manager is responsible and accountable for growing the company’s sales globally ; growing our service lines and products with strategic customers and key account sales to existing customers both external and internal.
Key areas of focus:
* To achieve sales and growth goals in accordance with the regional and global sales plans.
* Actively generate new business and new clients, both external and internal through proactive collaboration.
* Leads, coordinates and supports the CE Business development team in executing our global sales plans.
* Engage and expand business and revenue in key accounts and existing clients.
* Development of regional sales plans, work closely with CE’s Leadership Team and the Strategy and Development function to ensure the Sales Strategy is executed.
* Ensure all Sales Processes and Procedures are executed and followed globally.
* Generating sufficient sales backlog and prospect bank to support CE goals and objectives and ensures all opportunities and wins are recorded and managed.
* Management of the business development team and sales pipeline.
Skills / Qualifications
* Degree in marketing, business or sector related field and an additional experience in a service sales/marketing/business development environment.
* Knowledge of the global renewable energy sector would be an advantage but not a pre-requisite.
* Extensive experience business development / sales.
* Excellent people skills with a good command of the English language both oral and written and a capability for oral delivery in group meetings is a must.
* Must be organized and able to establish priorities, produce strategic planning documents, reports, and correspondence.
* Must have the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
* Previous experience in leading, managing and developing business development teams.
* Knowledge of engineering practices including, ideally an awareness of the applicable international standards relevant to the renewable energy industry.
* Demonstrable experience in the identification and growth of new clients and revenue streams.
* Proven ability to cultivate relationships, identify opportunities and perform account management skills are critical.
* Positive “can do” attitude with self confidence and resilience is essential.
* Proven ability to build and manage relationships with key stakeholders.
* Regular reporting to Senior Management on progress against strategic objectives and future pipeline of projects.
* Proven ability to manage all business development activities, planning, technical input, scheduling and resource allocation.
* Excellent working knowledge of Customer Relationship Management tools.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors.