7 months ago
Location:Bracknell : 5 Arlington Square (LR_L000101)
Position Category:Project Management
Department:GB104045 : CRP - BUSINESS IS (GB104045)
Position Type:Employee Regular
Education Required:See Job Description
Experience Required:See Job Description
Since 1760 Lloyd’s Register’s core purpose has been to work together for a safer world and, as such, the organisation has grown to become a global provider of professional services for engineering & technology, supporting businesses across many sectors. Lloyd’s register is driven by opportunities to innovate, invent and improve whilst continuously seeking new ways to work with others to provide assurance, ensure compliance, and optimise performance. Lloyd’s Register dedicate knowledge, resource and curiosity to connect their customers to tomorrow’s thinking, today. Lloyd’s Register collaborate with others to find new ways to meet demand whilst remaining safe and sustainable. In addition, we know our customers need more than technology to succeed; they need the right people.
The Lloyds Register Group has recently started an ambitious transformation agenda to enable its strategic objectives and priorities. This includes the formation of centralised Portfolio Management and Change Delivery Teams alongside a Project Management Office. This is an exciting opportunity to join a historical organisation at the beginning of the Transformation Agenda. A role within Lloyd’s Register will enrich your capabilities and ours, through successful change delivery practices, to enhance our global service. “
Your duties will include
* Understanding of the business, its culture, and its domain i.e. understanding the organisational structure, its Vision and objectives, resources, output, and the framework in which it operates
* Works with business users to investigate operational issues, problems and new opportunities, seeking effective business solutions through improvements in automated and non-automated components of new or changed processes/procedures, organisation and equipment. Assists in the analysis of the underlying issues arising from investigations into requirements and problems, and identifies available options for consideration.
* Analyses the business goals and objectives to identify factors, resulting from the employing organisation’s business environment and directions, which are likely to affect requirements for strategic information and communication systems
* Have experience of industry standard Business Analyst techniques and tools i.e. operating models, stakeholder assessment, business process and IT systems analysis, requirements gathering, data modelling, facilitation, presentation, project management, change management, and strategic analysis.
* Has experience of industry standard approaches to key business areas within Lloyds Register e.g. asset management, field services, assurance
* Works with business users to investigate and document business functions, processes, information flows and data structures, using various methodical and consistent techniques..
* Creates, manages and maintains a business operating model that includes information, organisational, process, performance, economic and systems architecture.
* Evaluates technologies, as directed, to establish their relevance and feasibility for inclusion in the strategy. Performing a proof of concept or prototyping exercise to demonstrate or evaluate the feasibility and potential benefits of applying a particular technology, product or toolset to meet a business need.
* Maintains an awareness of current and emerging information and communications technologies and identifies possible opportunities for the business.
* Proactively and constructively challenges the business
* Works with business users in specifying information flows, processes/procedures, and data objects that will meet the business requirements.
* Records work with appropriate documentation, meeting the required standards and uses suitable methods and tools.
* Arranges, prepares and facilitates client/users meetings and presents issues and solutions both orally and in writing.
* Works with the business to produce clearly defined acceptance tests scripts and scenarios, and facilitate the resolution of identified issues to the satisfaction of business users.
* Assist in defining and justifying (in business terms) business cases, invitations to tender and statements of requirements or initiatives to develop/implement automated and non-automated components of new or changed processes.
* Assists in defining and justifying (in business terms) initiatives to develop/implement automated and non-automated components of new or changed processes.
* Provides the link between business users, developers and third parties throughout the development lifecycle and assists in the resolution of any queries regarding specifications and change requests.
* Manage a team of junior business analysts and responsible for the teams development through competency based assessment, mentoring and coaching
* Stakeholder analysis and management, identify a project's key stakeholders and an assessment of their interests in the project to determine the way(s) in which these interests should be considered throughout the project lifecycle, ensuring that views of all parties are considered verified and validated within the stakeholder community
To be considered you must have/be
* Achieved proficiency as a Senior Business analysis through at least 5 years of business analysis experience, or gained substantial business experience, including some management or professional responsibility, and has received training in business analysis methods and techniques.
* Has the ability to see the bigger picture before heading into the detail, understanding where the project fits in with the organisational goals and being aware of, or try to determine how the project impacts other projects or business areas.
* Has the ability to adapt communication styles to the needs of the audience so they are able to articulate business strategies and challenge the business in a confident and credible manor.
* Techniques which help in modelling and understanding a business and its operation. (i.e. business environment analysis, business perspectives, functional business models, business driven development, process modelling, stakeholder analysis, relational data modelling, use case modelling, statistical process control, use cases, user stories, Scrum, process mapping, benefits mapping)
* Techniques for modelling and streamlining business processes. (i.e. Lean Six-Sigma DMAIC, error-proofing, value added assessment, process cycle time reduction, future-proofing, resilience, reliability, cost effectiveness)
* Tools and techniques which can be used to document an understanding of the structure, relationships and use of information within an organisation. (i.e. information usage model, entity model, class diagram, relational data model, data flow model)
* Has excellent interpersonal skills and is fully experienced at stakeholder management.
* Possesses a broad understanding of business and business skills, and understands the significance of commercial constraints.
* Educated to bachelor degree level and holds a relevant professional qualification.
* Has experience of leading a team of junior Business Analysts
The Lloyd's Register Group comprises charities and non-charitable companies, with the latter supporting the charities in their main goal of enhancing the safety of life and property, at sea, on land and in the air - for the benefit of the public and the environment. (Group entities)
Engineer, Business Analyst, Project Manager, Systems Analyst, Engineering, Technology