about 1 year ago
Senior Brakes and Air Supply System Engineer (m/f)-TEMA-UKDY01384261
SENIOR BRAKES AND AIR SUPPLY SYSTEM ENGINEER (F/M)
NUMBER OF REFERENCE: TEMA-UKDY01384261
• DERBY, UK
• PERM POSITION/ FULL TIME
With 61 production and engineering sites and 18 service centers in 28 countries, Bombardier Transportation is a global leader in the rail industry. We cover the full spectrum of rail solutions, ranging from complete trains to sub-systems, maintenance services, system integration and signalling. Our installed base of rolling stock exceeds 100,000 rail cars and locomotives worldwide. Our 39,400 employees continue a proud tradition of delivering ingenious rail transportation solutions.
We want you to be a part of this global and innovative team!
The Senior Brake & Air Supply System Engineer will be in charge of the definition, verification and validation of brake and air supply systems on the train.
During the Bid & Start Up phase, the System Engineer shall define the System & Performance Requirements, interfaces and the functional specification.
The System Engineer shall define the System Requirements which include the following:
- Environmental features (local area, climatic),
- Operational Interface (mechanical, electrical, software),
- Architecture, configurations, dimensional characteristics (gauge, weight, volume, etc.)
- Performance (crash, shock & vibration, noise, EMC, aerodynamic, thermal, constructional, brake, air supply, aesthetics, reliability, availability, safety, etc.)
- Functional Specification (functional analysis, operating modes, nominal, degraded, events, alarms, etc.)
- Validation (definition of tests, planning, testability, review of supplier documentation, series test, type tests and acceptance tests)
- Homologation (certification, qualification, authorization)
The System Engineer shall work with the supplier, to validate the system architectures, design and performance.
The System Engineer shall demonstrate the system performances and functionality on the train to the customer.
• Define key characteristics of the braking system.
• Calculate the performance of brake and air supply systems at train level to meet the defined requirements.
• Establish the train and functional architecture for brakes/air supply according to the required performance.
• Participate in the development of brake and air supply systems.
• Write technical specifications for the supply of components. Understand supplier clause by clause responses to the specification and address any non-compliances.
• Validate the performance of systems at the supplier and on the train. Participate in testing. Write procedures and test reports.
• Participate in bidding for new contracts.
• A masters degree or engineering diploma in Mechanical / Electromechanical Engineering with a background in pneumatics, heat transfer, material science, electrics / electronics;
• A broad knowledge and experience in system integration and system architecture
• Excellent English communication skills (written and spoken); Another language is desirable but not essential (French, German, Dutch).
• Experience in a system engineering position for a railway solutions provider
• Experience of the design, analysis, development, testing and delivery of engineering solutions that have complex requirements.
• Ability to support other departments (engineering, production, procurement, projects) and the development of less experienced engineers.
• Propulsion and train control management system understanding is desirable
WHAT WE OFFER:
Everywhere we operate, we reward effort and initiative. You are encouraged to ask questions and empowered to make decisions.
As an equal opportunity employer, we strive to create a stimulating and open workplace which fosters teamwork, fairness, respect and diversity.
Bombardier Transportation is an Equal Opportunity Employer Dedicated to Affirmative Action and Workforce Diversity.
Primary Location: GB-ENG-Derby
Employee Status: Regular