about 1 month ago
Competitive Rate of Pay + Fantastic Benefits
Category: Operations Jobs
Senior Batch Plant Operative (Nights)
At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for an experienced Senior Plant Operative (Night Shift) to join our friendly team based in Tarmac Tallington site, Lincolnshire.
Here at Tarmac, we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
This is a varied, complex and rewarding position that requires working knowledge of Health and Safety Environment, a customer focus, a willingness to learn and develop, Operational Experience, an understanding of Precast, Licences (mobile plant), experience of Manual Handling and working with Moulds and good communication skills.
* Run the batching plant and manage all concrete through the VMT Concrete Management System (must be computer literate)
* Control the batching plant through the Praticon Batching Software, in accordance with a specification to meet quality standards
* Manage stock through the ordering Cement and Aggregates.
* Carry out daily autonomous maintenance on the batching plant, while keeping all plant clean and safe to operate, including reporting KPI data.
* Drive a loading shovel to keep the aggregate bay clear and hoppers full
* Take and manage material samples
* Work as a team to ensure a quality product is produced for the client and targeted volumes are delivered
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate previous experience working within an Industrial, Mobile Plant or similar environment as a General Operative, Batch Plant Operative, Multi-Skilled Operative or Labourer. As well as possess good communication skills and have a real desire in developing both operative and supervisory skills.
* flexible to work on the night shift
* Shovel license – advantageous
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
* Bonus scheme
* Enhanced holiday entitlement
* Contributory pension scheme
* Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
* Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
* Training and development opportunities