8 months ago
To our wonderful friends and followers around the world, Jagex is not pausing its search for the most talented people to join its ranks. We’re a successful, robust and growing business, after all.
In light of the current situation concerning coronavirus, we have already made changes to the way we recruit, and of course are mindful of following all necessary processes to ensure the safety of our staff and anyone we might come into contact with.
Jagex has switched to working almost entirely remotely, and in line with that our recruitment and selection process has moved to an entirely remote one with video calls being the preferred method of interview.
Our hiring managers are engaged, we are well-prepared and we sincerely look forward to talking to you soon. Our team of expert recruiters will be in touch with you to talk you through the process and changes and what to expect.
So, don’t delay, get that application in today!
A leader in creating deep and engaging experiences on PC and mobile, Jagex was founded in 2001 and is today one of the UK’s biggest and most respected video game developers and publishers.
Famed for its flagship MMOs RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, Jagex has welcomed more than 260million player accounts to its world and created a $1bn lifetime franchise revenue. Today the RuneScape franchise exists beyond running games in live operations; our titles are living games that connect and inspire millions of players, with content and experiences both inside and outside of inexhaustible game worlds.
Both RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, on PC and mobile, offer ever-evolving, highly-active worlds and our community-focussed development ethos empowers players to have a real say in how each game is shaped.
Jagex is expanding and extending its portfolio with fresh franchise titles, new IP and, in 2018 launched Jagex Partners, delivering third-party publishing and operational services exclusively for the living games of the future.
Jagex employs more than 400 people at its Cambridge headquarters and is on the hunt for talented people to work across the business to help the company to achieve yet another year of record growth and player satisfaction.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a talented gameplay animator to join an experienced team of artists and animators working on RuneScape 3, our flagship PC and Mobile title.
This is a challenging role that encourages creative input, team work and personal development.
Main Duties and Responsibilties:
* Deliver high quality gameplay animations across creatures, human characters, and set pieces in Maya
* Ensure the animation quality and style is maintained through all projects within your own and colleague's work
* Mentor junior animators, providing feedback in team reviews and in day to day production
* Work closely with Designers and Developers to ensure animations are correctly implemented in the game engine
* Work with Tools Developers and Technical Artists, to design, troubleshoot and improve existing in-house tools and workflows
* Work with the lead animator to improve the creative & technical knowledge, workflows and output of the animation team
* Work with lead animator to create inspirational/benchmark assets to house style
* Excellent key frame animation skills across humans, creatures and set pieces
* Ability to consistently bring character, life, charm and emotion to creatures and characters
* Able to produce excellent animations to RS3 house style, with dynamic spacing/timing, squash and stretch and smearing
* High level experience rigging and weighting characters in Maya
* Excellent working knowledge of animation implementation (blend trees, state machines etc) in UE, Unity or equivalent
* A keen interest game animation and animation in general
* A keen interest in keeping workflows and tech up to date. Evolving instep with improvements in the industry
* An excellent communicator able to discuss development across disciplines
* Excellent problem-solving skills and forward-looking attitude
* Previous experience on mmorpgs
* Facial rigging and animation skills
* Traditional animation skills
* Traditional 2D art skills
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR ON YOUR REEL
Specifically, we want to see:
· High quality,game ready character animation across gesture, locomotion, traversal, and combat
· An excellent understanding of animation principles and body mechanics
· Evidence of strong creative and technical skills resulting in imaginative and highly polished characterful animation examples
· Examples across a broad range of humans and creatures running in-engine from past projects being ideal
Also, we really value life drawing, so if you have life drawing examples please include them!
- Flexible Working
- Bonus Scheme
- Private Health Care
- Gym Membership
- Generous Pension Contributions
- Life Insurance
- Free Cycle Repair
- Income Protection
- Dental Plan
- Free Fruit and Drinks
- Subsidised Canteen
Feel like you fit this role, but don’t meet all the requirements? We strive for fresh perspectives, so as long as you can demonstrate how your attitude and other abilities might make up for any gaps we would welcome your application!
Jagex are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.
Apply for this job