3 months ago
Dialog Semiconductor is a leading provider of custom, highly-integrated and configurable mixed-signal ICs, ideal for a wide range of applications, including smartphone, automotive, computing & storage and the IoT. We are a socially responsible employer pursuing programs that benefit our employees, stakeholders and community, and are backed by world-class manufacturing partners.
Dialog’s custom power management, configurable mixed-signal and highly-integrated connectivity ICs deliver outstanding efficiency, flexibility and performance advantages. Dialog’s ICs make it possible to develop the next generation of smart devices for consumers and businesses by enhancing product functionality, accelerating the pace of innovation and powering the smart connected future.
Dialog has a renowned reputation for flexible, dynamic support and world-class innovation. The world’s leading electronics manufacturers and suppliers trust Dialog to deliver, thanks to our decades of experience as an established business partner in the rapid development of custom ICs.
Dialog operates a fabless business model and is a socially responsible employer pursuing many programs to benefit the employees, community, other stakeholders and the environment we operate in. Dialog Semiconductor plc is headquartered in London with a global sales, R&D and marketing organization. In 2018, it had US$ 1.442 billion in revenue and was one of the fastest growing European public semiconductor companies. It currently has approximately 1,800 employees worldwide. The company is listed on the Frankfurt (FWB: DLG) stock exchange (Regulated Market, Prime Standard, ISIN GB0059822006) and is a member of the German TecDax index.
* Design, verification and simulation of CMOS analog blocks for mixed signal circuits including voltage references, DC/DC converters, amplifiers, data converters meeting performance, area and power specifications
* Collaborate with block leads to achieve system and design strategy for final products
* Guide layout team to ensure quality of layout of own design
* Drive silicon debugging and design characterization
* Drive Lab evaluation in collaboration with Applications Engineers for own design
* Produce high quality documentation for own IP blocks
* Working closely with DFT engineers to ensure that own blocks follow existing strategy and implementation for DFT
* Work closely with test and product engineers to support test development and ramp to production
* Coach and mentor less experienced team members
* Contribute to schematic and layout block level reviews for blocks initially designed by others
* Take technical leadership for sub-systems and driving them from specification to production ramp
* Interpret requirement specifications to achieve system and design strategy for final products
* Take proactive approach to driving own development plan, utilizing team members and internal development opportunities
* Any ad hoc tasks as deemed reasonable by your Manager
What we are looking for
* Typically, 5-8 years’ experience
* Strong competence with various tools and procedures, reaching specialist level
* Ability to work with minimal instruction- either independently or collaboratively
* Ability to make good judgment in selecting method/technique for obtaining solutions
* Able to confidently share own expertise and work to others
* Able to make significant contribution to projects, programs and business initiatives with creativity and ingenuity
* Ability to support and mentor less experienced team members
* Cross cultural awareness and sensitivity
* Results-oriented and able to deliver on-time under tight schedule
* Ability to work both independently and part of a team
* Flexible to undertake occasional international travel at short notice
* Excellent command of verbal and written English
* Ability to propose innovative solutions
* Concise and precise communication and presentation skills within multisite and multicultural Environment
Dialog in Edinburgh
Working in our Edinburgh design centre, you’ll be perfectly placed in the heart of this historic and beautiful city. Edinburgh, the capital of Scotland is a city which has a distinctly town feel, offering excellent schools, the world famous Edinburgh Fringe Festival once a year plus many tourist attractions to enjoy in the centre of the city. Amazing countryside and seaside is easily accessible for all kinds of outdoors activities. As part of our team in Edinburgh, you’ll be joining a truly multi-cultural, global group with an entrepreneurial spirit and the ambition to continue our impressive growth together.
Why join us?
We passionately believe that working at Dialog, you will be joining the brightest, most diverse and ambitious talent in the Semiconductor Industry. We are proud to have won numerous awards and designs, including exclusive patents that have assisted us to years of double-digit growth in this highly competitive industry. With growth planned for 2020, the opportunity for talent to progress at Dialog could not be greater. We are fast becoming the employer of choice within microelectronics chip design, power management solutions, short-range wireless connectivity and AC/DC power conversion.
If you'd like to explore working for Dialog Semiconductor further, then it's time we heard from you. Click below and apply now.