about 1 month ago
We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
“Our team is responsible for Access network design of the Sky retail and business VoIP network. We’re looking forward to welcoming someone new to our friendly, driven team” – David Cohen, Head of Access Network Development
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Plus, access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development.
The Primary purpose of this role is to be a Senior VoIP/SIP designer within the Access network domain overseeing the SIP ATA design for Sky Retail and Business VoIP services.
– Design and maintain technical specifications for Access network component of the Sky Retail and Business VoIP end-2-end solutions, including SIP ATA specification for the Sky Hub and any 3rd party ATAs Sky specify
– Iterate the above designs in order to interoperate with multiple wholesale provider SBC/IMS platforms
– Oversee test plan creation to validate VoIP services delivered over Sky specified ATA
– Interact with the Access Network CPE design engineers to ensure end-2-end functionality of the VoIP solution, specifically the interactions and design of the on-board ATA of the Sky Hub
– Writing and reviewing high level design technical documentation
– Contribute to and approve legal documentation e.g. Statement of Work/Requirements, support contracts and RFI/RFP documentation.
– Manage Vendors and third party outsource companies.
– Providing instruction and coaching for the development of team members with a focus on developing VoIP/SIP skills within the Access Network Development team
– Experience with ATA integrated into a residential gateway
– Experience of the SIP protocol and the media transport protocol RTP/RTCP and a good understanding of the IMS infrastructure
– Practical knowledge of SIP messaging call flows and analysis of packet captures.
– Expert knowledge of VoIP – both signalling (h.248 / SIP) and RTP (G.711/G.723) and its transport across Access infrastructure and issues that may arise as well as knowledge of core control functions (IMS, Softswitch).
– Experience working with Access Network technologies, including xDSL, Dynamic Line Management (DLM), FTTx, G.Fast and PON.
– An ability to work collaboratively on projects that span a diverse group of technical and non-technical colleagues, to present to Senior Managers level and relevant Stakeholders
– An experience of writing professional documentation of designs, test plans, operations handover and support processes
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions, we might withdraw the offer.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about