6 months ago
Seekers Graduate Programme 2019, Stevenage
What’s the opportunity?
Seeker Division is an engineering department designing a key complex weapon sub-system. It is a multi-national department with both UK and Italian offices.
A seeker is the radar unit located at the front of a missile that detects, acquires and tracks targets. Seeker Division is responsible for the design, development, integration and production of all radar frequency (RF) seekers including dual-mode seekers (RF and electro-optic).
What will you be doing?
* Use skills and knowledge developed at university in real world applications.
* Working in different disciplines including: system modelling, algorithm development, requirements and specifications, hardware and software integration, electronics, RF/electromagnetic simulation, and trials.
* Designing, testing and producing complete sub-systems.
* Working over the whole product lifecycle from concept, design, research and development, through to production and in-service support.
* Working closely with other functions in MBDA.
* Working in well-equipped laboratories and learning new tools throughout your placements.
* Working with a world class team.
* Real work and individual responsibility from day one.
* Relevant and targeted training covering a wide range of topics.
What are the benefits for you?
As a graduate engineer you will have the unique chance to build on your knowledge from university and gain experience in a wide range of areas.
Graduates will be supported in working towards Chartership (CPhys, CEng, CMath) if you wish on our IOP, IMA, IET, IMechE and RAeS accredited graduate training scheme.
Feedback from some recent graduate placements:
Who and what we are looking for from you?
Hold or be working towards a 2:2 in any relevant applied physics, electronics, engineering or mathematics degree.
Why you should come and work at MBDA?
MBDA, a world leader in missiles and missile systems, is a multi-national group with over 10,000 employees on industrial facilities in France, Germany, Italy, the United Kingdom and a presence in the United States. With some of the most sophisticated technology in defence, MBDA offers a wide range of advanced weapon systems for maritime Superiority, Air Dominance, Ground Based Air Defence and Battlefield Engagement.
We work with over 90 armed forces, successfully integrating our systems onto multiple platforms.
Has a technology pedigree that allows innovative and responsive products to be created year upon year
Our success is based on the dedication of our people and we strive to offer each and every employee an enjoyable, challenging and rewarding career
MBDA is ranked 12th in the Sunday Times Top 30 Best Big Companies to Work For, demonstrating successful growth and high levels of employee retention.
Our work is complex, challenging and innovative. It takes a range of professionals across the full engineering and commercial spectrum to carry it out. Whatever field our people specialise in, they all share the same mind-set: a drive to make things work better and to redefine the established standards
What would you get?
Starting Salary of £26,250 with two pay reviews per year during the first 2 years,Joining bonus of £2000 if you have a Bachelors or £2500 if you have a Masters paid,flexible working hours, paid overtime, a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, Annual Company Bonus schemes and superb learning and development opportunities.
Please note thatin order to apply for MBDA UK opportunities you will need to be eligible forSC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance.