6 months ago
Seeker Engineering Graduate 2019
Seekers Graduate Programme 2019, Stevenage
This position is for those who will have graduated by 2019 only. We will review applications late August,with a start date expected in Nov/Dec 2019.
If you are graduating in 2020 please search for 2020roles from September!
What’s the opportunity?
A seeker is the radar unit located at the front of a missile that detects, acquires and tracks targets; it is a key complex weapon sub-system.We are responsible for the design, development, integration and production of all radar frequency (RF) seekers including dual-mode seekers (RF and electro-optic).
What will you be doing?
We support a range of skills from physics to engineering and mathematics. As a result we are looking for individuals who have skills in any of the following areas and can them to real world applications:
System simulation and modelling, algorithm development, design and test of electronic and RF circuits, hardware and software integration, signal processing and data analysis, performance analysis, requirements and specifications, electromagnetic simulation, experimental lab testing and field trials, image processing and ray tracing.
* Gain an understanding ofthe whole product lifecycle from research and development, concept and design, through to production and in-service support.
* Work inwell-equipped laboratories and learn new tools throughout your placements.
* Relevant on-the-job and formal training covering a wide range of topics.
“One of the benefits of joining Seekers is that it is allowing me to try out areas of engineering which I’ve never had the opportunity to experience before. This gives me the freedom to choose the direction that I want to take my career in” Chris, Seekers Graduate
What’s great about joining this Team?
You will have the unique chance to build on your knowledge from university and gain experience in a wide range of areas.Working as part of a multidisciplinary team, with colleagues from all sectors of the STEM industry, you will have the option to develop your career into anything from a high level systems engineer to various highly specialised roles within the seekers team.
If you wish to work towards Chartership (CPhys, CEng, CMath) you will be supported by experienced team members. We will also pay 100% of the fees whilst a Graduate to IOP, IMA, IET, IMechE or RAeS.
Who and what we are looking for from you?
Have completed a degree in any relevant applied physics, electronics, engineering or mathematics degree to a minimum of 2.2
Why you should come and work at MBDA?
MBDA, a world leader in missiles and missile systems, is a multi-national group with over 10,000 employees on industrial facilities in France, Germany, Italy, the United Kingdom and a presence in the United States. With some of the most sophisticated technology in defence, MBDA offers a wide range of advanced weapon systems for maritime Superiority, Air Dominance, Ground Based Air Defence and Battlefield Engagement.
* We work with over 90 armed forces, successfully integrating our systems onto multiple platforms.
* Has a technology pedigree that allows innovative and responsive products to be created year upon year
* Our success is based on the dedication of our people and we strive to offer each and every employee an enjoyable, challenging and rewarding career
* MBDA is ranked 11th in the Sunday Times Top 25 Best Big Companies to Work For, demonstrating successful growth and high levels of employee retention.
* Our work is complex, challenging and innovative. It takes a range of professionals across the full engineering and commercial spectrum to carry it out. Whatever field our people specialise in, they all share the same mind-set: a drive to make things work better and to redefine the established standards.
What would you get?
Starting Salary of £26,250 with two pay reviews per year during the first 2 years,
Joining bonus of £2000 if you have a Bachelors or £2500 if you have a Masters,
flexible working hours, paid overtime, a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, Annual Company Bonus schemes and superb learning and development opportunities.
Please note thatin order to for MBDA UK opportunities you will need to be eligible forSC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance.* Directorate
Seeker Engineering Graduate 2019
* Job Ref no