11 months ago
Why Work at Dell?
Endless challenges and rewards. Opportunities on six continents. A team of colleagues fueled by collaboration. All this, and a company deeply committed to integrity and responsibility.
Security Engineer - Edinburgh
SecureWorks is a global leader in providing intelligence-driven information security solutions. We play an important role, as no organization in the world is immune from cyber attacks and the nature of the attack is changing every day. Internet security is a problem that will never be solved. Unlike point products that address a specific technology issue, we attack the problem holistically by analyzing threat actor tactics, techniques and procedures, and develop solutions using best-of-breed technologies to protect our clients. We are one of the best in the world at understanding the threat. In short, we give our clients an early warning capability. SecureWorks was founded in 1999 and headquartered in Atlanta, Ga., with offices in all the major security markets around the globe. We have more than 2,000 team members, and partner with more than 4,200 clients in 59 countries to keep the bad guys out of their networks. Weve been consistently recognized by industry analysts, readers polls and as a leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for managed security services, worldwide.
The Platform Engineering team is a highly skilled team of senior security engineers, that are experts at managing and integrating various third party security and networking platforms into our managed services delivery. This team, in collaboration with Product Management, is at the forefront of enabling new revenue streams for SecureWorks, and also for ensuring a world class set of managed offerings for existing services. Our managed platforms include, but are not limited to, technologies from vendors such as Cisco, Checkpoint, Sourcefire, FireEye, Carbon Black, Imperva and F5 Networks.
As the subject matter expert on their technology, the Platform Engineer plays a critical role, and will be accountable for the success of his/her platforms. This will need to be achieved through ongoing planning, coordination and alignment, both internally within the team, and also with partner teams such as Product Management, Software Engineering, Customer Implementation Services and Support Engineering.
* Supporting the 3rd party managed systems/platforms
* Evaluation of new product lines and features for currently supported products
* Level-of-effort assessments for various projects and deliverables for both internal and external clients
* Comprehension and understanding of vendor roadmaps and release schedules
* Management and cultivation of vendor relationships
* Maintaining centrally managed consoles and critical infrastructure that enable our SOCs to centrally manage third party security technologies
* Top tier escalation support for on-boarding based teams
* Collaborate with Product Management to align on Platform Engineering's quarterly and annual roadmaps
* Collaborate with internal teams like Customer Implementation Services, Support Engineering, Software Engineering, IT Operations, Finance and Procurement to ensure efficient service delivery
* Track and execute on vendor support renewals
* Track quarterly project deliverables, and report on status/exceptions
* Responsible for production and lab infrastructure specific to platforms under ownership, including planning for cost effectiveness and growth
* Anticipate operational issues and develop preventative measures
* Strong technical background in networking and security technologies, with a solid understanding in network security management, firewall/UTM, IDS/IPS, and application layer firewalls
* IDS/IPS experience with Sourcefire, McAfee, Tipping Point or similar product (Snort based)
* Packet analysis and security analysis
* Scripting experience in Perl/Bash
* Knowledge of Unix operating systems
* Understanding the operation of test and analysis equipment such as protocol analyzer, LAN/WAN sniffers, etc.
* Ability to drive key initiatives, with minimal direction
* Strong communication skills - written and verbal, for both technical and non-technical audiences
* Demonstrated experience in fostering collaboration, innovation, creativity and team work
* Vendor/Industry certifications i.e. Cisco/Check Point/Juniper/SANS etc.
What we can offer you?
Life at SecureWorks means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology. When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution. Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships. We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential. Our team members health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work. Our Edinburgh office is vital to SecureWorks. As our core technology hub in the UK, its a large, modern, open plan space conveniently located a short walk to city centre. It has a break out area with complimentary fresh fruit and fresh coffee available. We also actively encourage further development for our employees. Through our range of internal training programmes or training affiliation with SANS and various vendors.
SecureWorks is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at SecureWorks are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, colour, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. SecureWorks will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. As a managed security provider, SecureWorks expects its employees to understand and apply commonly known security practices and possess a working knowledge of applicable industry controls such as NIST 800-53. Employees will be expected to acknowledge their security responsibilities in writing prior to gaining access to company systems. Employees will be required to maintain a working knowledge of local security policies and execute general controls as assigned.