about 1 year ago
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren’t limited to:
* An annual bonus scheme which you can achieve up to 3.5% of base salary
* Privilegecard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 6 months service with 10% off most purchases at Tesco
* A retirement savings plan - 4%-7.5% contribution rate
* Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
* Buy As You Earn Scheme
* Save As You Earn Scheme
* Deals & Discounts through Tesco including Tesco Mobile & Tesco Bank
* Deals and Discounts through many other external businesses
About The Job
Tesco's Technology department is now seeking a Endpoint Security Engineer to join the team!
An Endpoint Security Engineer is responsible for delivering security capabilities for the organisation. This will include researching, engineering, implementing and operating enterprise endpoint security products, with key areas focusing on preventing malware and the loss of data. This will involve managing and improving endpoint security compliance, through automation, monitoring and alerting, SIEM integration, development and implementation of standards, procedures, and guidelines covering different platforms and devices.
About The Technology Security Team
The Tesco security team work collaboratively with our engineering teams to support security throughout the development lifecycle, as well as to build proactive monitoring and responses to security events. We are the eyes and ears of the organisation using the latest technologies to increase visibility and protection of our systems, services and data to reduce risk and impact to our customers, colleagues and business. We need to stay ahead of the latest threats, continuously improving our tooling, training and processes.
* Follow our Business Code of Conduct always acting with integrity and due diligence
* Represent the Technology Security team and assist other teams to investigate security incidents
* Work closely and collaboratively with security, infrastructure and engineering teams
* Collaborate closely with colleagues within the wider global Technology organisation and the business to establish effective and productive relationships
* Involvement in and leading of security incidents which occur on Tesco systems
* Drive improvements for use cases for the security operations team
* Drive adoption of new tools and techniques being able to understand their value and impact
* Keep technical skills up to date and keep track of new technologies, understanding how they might benefit the team
* Share knowledge with the wider security community
* Champion continuous improvement within the department
This role will best suit an individual who enjoys working as part of a team, is well organised, pragmatic and a lateral thinker with an inquisitive mind who is motivated to make change for the better and, most importantly, puts our customers first.
Key Skills and Experience
You'll need to have demonstrated experience of working with enterprise endpoint security platforms:
* A good understanding of information and cyber security principles and best practices
* A strong understanding of endpoint security controls
* An understanding of Windows and Unix internals
* Experience of working with enterprise endpoint security platforms (AV / anti-malware, EDR, DLP)
* Experience of working with Microsoft, Sophos and Symantec endpoint security products would be an advantage, but is not essential
* Ability to pick up new products and platforms quickly, transferring skills and best practices when needed
* Willing to join an on call rota and work outside of normal business hours when occasionally required
* One or more of the following certifications:
* CompTIA Security+
* SANS GIAC
* Flexibility, ability to plan and organise, responsiveness, creativity, self-starter
* Able to build solid working relationships with peers and senior leadership
* Ability to demonstrate strong written, verbal communication and presentation skills to all levels of seniority and disciplines within the organisation
About the Company
Tesco Technology is not your standard IT Department, we’re a Technology organisation driving change and delivering value by building great products for our customers and colleagues every day.
The retail environment is changing, brought about through developments in technology. The growth of internet shopping, mobile and convenience is changing the way customers want to shop. As a retailer, the customer is at the heart of everything we do and Technology is no different; our aim is to focus on serving customers wherever, whenever and however they want to shop with us.
Our team is innovative, highly-skilled, agile, passionate and fun. If you’re looking for an environment to create cutting edge solutions which make a difference to millions of customers and colleagues across the globe, then this is the place for you.