about 1 year ago
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren’t limited to:
* An annual bonus scheme which you can achieve up to 3.5% of base salary
* Privilegecard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 6 months service with 10% off most purchases at Tesco
* A retirement savings plan - 4%-7.5% contribution rate
* Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
* Buy As You Earn Scheme
* Save As You Earn Scheme
* Deals & Discounts through Tesco including Tesco Mobile & Tesco Bank
* Deals and Discounts through many other external businesses
About The Job
Tesco's Technology department is now seeking a talented Security Engineer to join their team. Security Engineers work with broad knowledge of security engineering as well as a deeper knowledge in one or more specific areas. You are responsible for delivering quality advice and guidance to Technology teams in order to make Tesco systems secure. This could be through threat modelling, code review, design review, etc. You strive to educate colleagues throughout Technology so they are empowered to make their systems more secure.
* Represent the Technology Security team and assist other engineering teams in adhering to secure design principles.
* Help teams deliver secure solutions using my team and security skills and also displaying a flexible agile approach by embracing emerging technologies, all working together in a robust technical ecosystem.
* Work closely and collaboratively with engineering and product teams
* Be a problem solver using past engineering experience to create and deliver innovative solutions
* Provide hands on direction during the design and development of applications utilising a threat-based approach to support the business strategy.
* Collaborate closely with colleagues within the wider global Technology Security organisation and technology departments as well as the business to establish effective, productive relationships
* Execute threat modeling activities during agile iterations.
* Am involved in and may lead incidents which occur on our systems with regards to technology security.
* Provide targeted application security requirements based on design, threats, industry best practices, and Tesco specific policy.
* Influence delivery teams in the prioritisation of security activities and issue remediation.
* Perform manual code reviews, open source software evaluations, and tests as needed.
* Drive adoption of new tools and techniques being able to understand their value and impact.
* Keep my technical skills up to date and keep track of new technologies, understanding how they might benefit the Technology team and wider Tesco.
* Share knowledge with the wider engineering community.
* Champion continuous improvement within the department.
Skills relevant for the job
Technical skills as appropriate to specialism
* Ideally one or more of the following certifications: Security+, CEH, SANS GIAC, SSCP, CISSP, CSSLP, CISA, CISM.
* Ideally an ability to write small tools using one of Python, Ruby, Go, Perl, PHP etc
Experience relevant for this job
Previous experience working in a DevOps environment and building teams deliver secure code in an automated way.
* Strong troubleshooting skills.
* Experience in the Information Technology field.
Technical hands on exposure to the various security products within an Enterprise environment (e.g. SAST).
About the Company
Tesco Technology is not your standard IT Department, we’re a Technology organisation driving change and delivering value by building great products for our customers and colleagues every day.
The retail environment is changing, brought about through developments in technology. The growth of internet shopping, mobile and convenience is changing the way customers want to shop. As a retailer, the customer is at the heart of everything we do and Technology is no different; our aim is to focus on serving customers wherever, whenever and however they want to shop with us.
Our team is innovative, highly-skilled, agile, passionate and fun. If you’re looking for an environment to create cutting edge solutions which make a difference to millions of customers and colleagues across the globe, then this is the place for you.