about 1 month ago
Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 7 countries, make your mark at Europe’s leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
Sky is redefining the way in which software is secured, so we can keep giving customers a reliable and trusted experience. At the heart of this transformation is making security easy for the sky development community. As a member of DevSecOps engineering, you will build products that empower developers to secure applications from idea to production.
To succeed in this role, you need to be a full stack developer. Ideally, you will also have experience with security tools and practices used in engineering workflows.
What you’ll do:
– Work with DevSecOps product managers to deliver our engineering roadmap
– Build products and tools that address unique security needs of our development teams
– Build integrations for commercial appsec products and adapt them to our ways of working
– Ensure our products are reliable and supported
– Suggest features that improve developer productivity and security
– Mentor rising talent
What you’ll bring:
– Proficiency in at least one programming language, preferably Python or Java
– Experience with system design and architecture
– Deep understanding of continuous delivery and cloud technologies
– Passionate about software trust and safety issues.
– Exposure to application security technologies like SCA, SAST, DASP, RASP etc.
– Superb communication and inter-personal skills
Strategy & Security: We play an important role in creating a cohesive tech strategy across all of our teams – uniting our tech teams to work towards clear and common goals. Behind the scenes, we’re protecting our business and our customers from cyber threats. Join a team that’s kickstarting and leading mission-critical work across Sky.
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
– Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
– A generous pension package
– Private healthcare
– Discounted mobile and broadband
Where you’ll work:
Our London, UK campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from London, UK, Chiswick Park, Gunnersbury, Acton Town and Ealing Broadway tube stations. There’s also plenty of parking, bike shelters and showers.
On campus you’ll find six subsidised restaurants and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
Recognised as an ‘Inclusive Top 50 Employer’ and a ‘Times Top 50 Employer for Women’, we’re working hard to ensure we’re a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and the potential you’ll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we’re happy to discuss flexible working.
And we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.