11 months ago
Siemens Building Technologies are currently looking to hire two Security Design Engineers to support a new large scale project based in Frimley.
Key responsibilities of a Security Design Engineer:
* Carry out project specific designs, Ensure that a comprehensive MTO is delivered for the preparation of pricing, schedule and design deliverables. Implement the approval process with the Verification Engineer.
* Ensure a full understanding of the OR and SSOR documents and ensure that designs are fully compliant. Ensure working knowledge of the Client procedure documents referred to in the contract and relative to the design process and that these requirements are incorporated fully into all designs.
* Follow the contract administration process with guidance from the Project Manager to ensure that EWN TQ and RFI processes are implemented on a timely basis and that all responses are dealt with accordingly. Ensure that the Client Data book records are updated from start to completion of the process.
* Develop designs to meet the requirement of the project specification and in accordance with the contract.
* Ensure full implementation of the Clients Quality Assurance and Audit procedure throughout all sectional phases of the project.
* Oversee subcontract and supplier design submissions to ensure full compliance with the contract specification and requirements.
* Develop system architecture schematics and a detailed design specifying the equipment and materials to be utilised within the solution and to meet the client’s operational requirements.
* Produce and agree with the client a comprehensive cause and effect matrix.
* Create technical brief and requirement for each discipline for procurement and contractual agreement.
* Provide technical input to enable all system and layout drawings to be produced by the project CAD Engineer.
* Lead the design approval process and take ownership of client technical agreement and sign off.
* Implement tools and procedures that ensure compliance with detailed document control processes.
* Identify, Manage and control change
* Take the Lead Technical role throughout the detailed design phase.
* Lead design process meetings both internally and externally taking responsibility to document and record output and actions.
* Implement demonstrable value engineering and continuous improvement solutions.
* Provide the lead role in responding to technical audits
* Be responsible for the design throughout the life of the project from the initial enquiry to handover / acceptance.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
* Proven ability relating to the design of large, multi-discipline, integrated security systems.
* Ability to interpret client’s technical documentation and develop functional specifications for the overall solution.
* Proven ability to professionally document, illustrate and present detailed security system design specifications.
* Good organisational skills, Experience of working within operations teams, able to plan ahead and communicate well with the team, Suppliers and customers.
* Demonstrable ability to oversee supplier design activities, verify and integrate design information from external sources.
* Ability to communicate effectively with Technical and non-technical stake holders.
* Ability to interpret a performance based specification, to develop to a working design
* Experience of working within an operations team with proven people skills; able to communicate at all levels.
* Networks – Minimum CISCO CCNA accreditation and/or relevant experience
* CCTV – Diploma level qualification in relevant field and/or relevant experience.
* Electrical – Diploma level in Electrical related subject or equivalent and/or relevant experience.
* C&G 2382-10 17th Edition
Requisition ID: 263318
Organization: Building Technologies
Career Level: not defined
Full time only