about 1 month ago
Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 7 countries, make your mark at Europe’s leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
Within the Tech UK Engineering function, the Design team always has a very lively roadmap for delivering projects to design network solutions across variety of technologies from Broadband, Voice, CDN, Internet peering, Mobile, Data Centres (Private and Public cloud), with a mix of physical and virtual network components and automation first approach. Security and Compliance has always been the key aspect of these network designs. We are looking for a promising and top-tier Network Security Design Engineer who can complement other network design specialists in the team to build a strong and secure network which meet business objectives.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
– Design Network security solutions.
– Review Network designs from end-to-end security point.
– Assess Vulnerability threats raised by suppliers or any other Sky teams and recommend immediate measures to the business for remediation.
– Contributing to RFP’s, carrying out technology validation activities in vendor/Sky labs
– Collaborate with suppliers and influence their roadmap to align with Sky’s security requirements
– Providing technical advice to the managers for building strong Business Case for maintaining bringing new security features into our network.
– Participate in industry events and present findings to help brining innovation or cost optimisation within Sky.
-Make timely decisions through periods of uncertainty.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING:
– Strong Telco / Datacentre Security background.
– Solid understanding of hardware and software vulnerability on Network devices
– Demonstrable understanding of DDOS, DNS, LDAP/AD, Local and Central AAA, Network ACL management, VPN, Node hardening.
– Strong hands-on on Hardware and Software Firewalls (PA, Cisco Firepower/ASA, Fortigate), ACE/ISE.
– Strong Routing a switching knowledge on Cisco and Nokia devices
– Python/bash Scripting; GIT repo
UK Tech: Our team focuses on technology strategy, design and delivery. From AI to 5G to Cloud, we work on the latest tech whilst building out our web presence and CRM systems for fixed and mobile networks. We’re bold, proactive, forward-thinking and collaborative. Together, we’re proud of the products and services we deliver for our customers.
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
– Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
– A generous pension package
– Private healthcare
– Discounted mobile and broadband
WHERE YOU’LL WORK:
Brick Lane Office, Spitalfields, East End of London
Recognised as an ‘Inclusive Top 50 Employer’ and a ‘Times Top 50 Employer for Women’, we’re working hard to ensure we’re a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and the potential you’ll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, So we’re happy to discuss flexible working.
And we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
WHY WAIT? now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.